Why are Spot and Sadness already unlocked in my PC 3.0 game?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Why are Spot and Sadness already unlocked in my PC 3.0 game?

Postby Yorkshire22 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:38 pm

I bought the Spot and Sadness figures a week ago and I played them on my PS4. A few days ago I tried redeeming the web code card on the website but it said that they are already unlocked in my PC game but I've never unlocked them in my PC game or used the web code before. Why has this happened and will the characters stay unlocked?

rank_100
Yorkshire22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Why are Spot and Sadness already unlocked in my PC 3.0 g

Postby pjhaan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:46 pm

This happened with 6 webcodes for me last week. I entered them and to told me I had already unlocked them. They are not in my web code history though. I sent a message to support about it last night.

This is the message I kept getting:

Oops!
Looks like you have already unlocked this item.
The web code is still active.

I will let you know what support says.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:48 pm

There was an update to the apps so that if you use the same Disney account on the pc and your console that all figures used on your console version will automatically be unlocked on the app

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Yorkshire22 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:07 pm

@pjhaan That's the message that I kept getting and they aren't in my web code history too.
@Elmo STM Oh, I didn't know that. Does this work for figures that you've used before or just new ones that you've bought? Also if you unlock them this way will they stay unlocked even though they aren't in the web code history?

rank_100
Yorkshire22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vynsane » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:22 pm

I'm almost positive it works with all characters, regardless of when you purchased them. However, you have to use them in-game after the update for them to proliferate to PC as long as you are using the same account on both. If you were to simply place each of your figures on the console base in a toybox on your PS4 one-by-one right now, they would all show up on the PC version. It doesn't look into your character use history, only usage since the update.

rank_100
vynsane

Postby pjhaan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:54 pm

Does that mean I could give out the web codes since they are unlocked on my account already?

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vynsane » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:47 pm

I'd hold onto them until you confirm that every character you own definitely shows up on the PC version, but I think it's a safe bet.

I believe they also proliferate to iOS as well. I installed it on my daughter's iPad a while back, and I just looked at my account page on infinity.disney.com. It looks like the iOS platform indicates characters that I've either used webcodes for or newly purchased and used on the Wii U since the update, and excludes the ones I either haven't used yet since the update and/or haven't redeemed webodes for.

Interestingly, they still have their own distinct levels. The only one my daughter played with was Darth Vader and he's marked as "Level 0" on the iOS version. Everyone else whose picture appears under iOS has no level (meaning they haven't been used yet but are unlocked for use - she grew frustrated with the iOS edition so hasn't done much with it).

rank_100
vynsane

Postby pjhaan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:54 pm

I just checked on the site and the levels are different for each platform. For example, Ultron is level 4 on iOS, 11 one XBox One and no level on Wii U since I haven't used him on that system. I don't have the PC version so I think I am good since they all show up under iOS, Xbox One and Wii U.

Thanks for the info.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help