Why do some (award winning) toy boxes not work properly?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Why do some (award winning) toy boxes not work properly?

Postby Gabo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:30 pm

I've got Disney Infinity 3.0 for the PS3 and I've found that some of the toy boxes that have won awards in the official contests that Disney organizes don't seem to work properly. For example, I downloaded Riley's Nightmare and the toy box opens and its just me controlling my character but I'm stuck in a closed box. In a you tube video I saw that the game should go into a cut scene and then the gameplay should start but this never happens. Is this a problem with the PS3 in general with some more complex toy boxes or with my specific PS3 or some way in which I'm loading the levels? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks for any help.

rank_0
Gabo
Disney ID:

Re: Why do some (award winning) toy boxes not work properly?

Postby pjhaan » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:48 pm

I have one featured box that falls into this category. The Memory Dump (Inside Out Challenge) I tested the living daylights out of it and never had any problems. As soon as it got to community content, several things broke.

I am a perfectionist so I spent a long time fixing the issues and resubmitted. I did even more testing the second time around and it still didn't work right on community content.

This was before I had an XBox One so it may be a system issue with my Wii U. But everything worked perfectly on the Wii U locally.

I don't think there is anything you can do other than get a PS4.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:48 am

It varies system to system but as a lot of the top 5 boxes are made on ps4 they will work best on that console. I haven't ran into issues playing them on Xbox one either so I think it's mostly the older consoles unfortunately that have these issues. This is due to ps4 and Xbox one having more memory capabilities.

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mkruzer » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:53 am

This has become a serious frustration for me on the Wii u. Most community content toyboxes just don't seem to work on my console. I'm now saving up to get a PS4.

rank_100
Mkruzer
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:35 pm

I had the exact same problem when I had a Wii U. I think the toy box capacity often exceeds the Wii U's memory which leads to nothing loading. I got a PS4 recently and now every toy box seems to work.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Zurg » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:58 pm

Yeah, i'm having the same issues. I'm a PS3 user too, but i'm thinking of switching to Xbone.

rank_50
Zurg
Main Console: PS3

Postby Kelevra1987 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:56 am

I am a Ps4 User an i have nearly the same Problem, but in a different way.
When i build up some Toyboxes, they work fine on my local console.

If i share These boxes with friends, they ALWAYS get some ISSUES and everyone gets different ISSUES -.-

This really sucks. I created a whole Star Wars Story with Quests, Storyline, but if noone accept me can Play it...

The only Problem, which all friends have together are boxes, where i used the Challangemaker. The Challengermaker crashed 3 from my Boxes, so in the Future i won't use him any more and take instead some "Questgivers", made by conterxtbutton, Triggerarea...

rank_50
Kelevra1987
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help