Some figures don't like stacking on power discs - defective?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Some figures don't like stacking on power discs - defective?

Postby vynsane » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:01 pm

I have two figures that don't seem to like to be on top of power discs - the first time I noticed this was with Finn, when using him with his costume-change disc. The base would flash red and not acknowledge the figure if it was seated firmly atop the disc, and would only allow the character to appear if I positioned it at a jaunty angle on the disc. Even so, the character would flash every once in a while, lose its costume, then play the animation as if I had just placed the disc under it, play the sound effect, and add the costume again.

I recently got Sabine, and have even less luck - I can barely use a power disc under her at all. I was using the Mace Windu team-up disc on a bunch of characters in TotR, and swapped out to her - no luck, the base flashes red and she floats in the air with clear blue coloring or the message dialog pops up with something to the effect of "Please place a Disney Infinity figure on the Disney Infinity base" or some such with any power disc under her.

These are the only two figures I have that have exhibited this behavior, though I can't say for certain as I'm not sure I've used all figures with power discs. Do I have defective figures of Finn and Sabine?

Addendum: I found this topic but it seems only tangentially related. The base is not on top of the console, or any other electronics, it is on the floor about 2.5 feet below the console. The problem only seems to be related to these two specific figures at the moment, as I've used the base in the same position with other figures and the same power discs with no ill effect. It happens whether there are a bunch of other figures scattered around the base or if they are moved away (again, using different figures, no problem no matter how close or far away other figures are). I have three bases at this point, and I'm almost certain I tried using others to no effect for the problem with Finn (I haven't tried with Sabine, but feel it would be futile).

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Some figures don't like stacking on power discs - defect

Postby Mukluk4 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:42 pm

I had the same problem except I had it placed on glass or a tile floor. Once I put a thick magazine underneath it, my issues went away.

rank_100
Mukluk4
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vynsane » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:06 pm

It's an 'engineered' hardwood floor (basically a step above laminate) on top of a plywood subfloor and wood beams. I suppose there could be some electrical under the floor, but even still - why only those two figures and not others?

rank_100
vynsane

Postby JustNCredible » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:34 am

From my experience, the lighter the figure the harder it is to stack power discs under it. This might seem weird, but I've had good luck rotating the discs/figures that give me problems. I can usually get the problem to go away with enough "tweaking," although if it's actually me or just a coincidence I can't say.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Sackboysteve » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:41 am

You could dismantle a spare power disc and put the character tag on the spare disc. That could get around the problem?
I used to get this trouble with Luke in his Pilot Suit disc, but I dismantled the disc and put it inside the figures Base when I did a custom Pilot Suit Luke and didn't have any trouble.
Had same with Leia too actually Image

rank_0
Sackboysteve
PSN ID:

Postby ikerman15 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:33 pm

This happens to me also. The figure that I remember having a problem is Jack Sparrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

rank_0
ikerman15
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Guinydyl » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:22 am

For me, it's Merida
3.0 is awesome!!

rank_250
Guinydyl
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby mr jenzie » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:46 pm

my usual disc combo is PIECES OF EIGHT and STAR COMMAND SHIELD, but found that DASH wasn't connecting, so simply changed SCS to RAPUNZELS HEALING
might actually depend on the SPECIFIC combos though
also as a funny note, tried to use them in the INSIDE OUT playset ..... HILARIOUIS :oops:

rank_50
mr jenzie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TJRedeemer » Thu May 05, 2016 6:43 am

I had this happen to me with Darth Vader. He would keep flickering in and out of the game. It actually didn't affect the gameplay, as I was able to keep playing as him, but it sure was annoying. This only happened to me once though, as I did it again and it worked just fine. Maybe it is dependent on how both the discs and the character are placed on the base?
Add me on Xbox!

rank_0
TJRedeemer
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help