Which is the fastest power disc vehicle?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Which is the fastest power disc vehicle?

Postby Tilarta » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:53 pm

Since I am not that good at racing games and the Toy Box Speedway is based on this game mechanic, I am trying to stack the odds as best in my favor to win the races.
Since you are allowed to use power disc vehicles, I thought finding out which one was the best for Speedway would be useful.

Which is the best power disc vehicle to use to win a race in Toy Box Speedway?

I assume Speed is the most important factor, since the other vehicles keep getting past me.
I was in the lead once, almost made it to the finish line and the two vehicles behind me got ahead in the last stretch.

A side topic, that playset piece is really badly designed!
When I tested it, it kept sliding off the vehicle disc on the gamepad!

I would have made the base of the piece shaped specifically to sit on top of the disc, with a socket that fitted over it.

rank_250
Tilarta
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Re: Which is the fastest power disc vehicle?

Postby vynsane » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:10 pm

Before I got the Marvel Battlegrounds PD set I was using the TRON Lightcycle or Vanellope's Cart (neither are power disc vehicles, but I found them to be the fastest vehicles available in the toybox).

Now, though, Ghost Rider's motorcycle blows everything away. Not only is it so fast, but I find it's also fastest to recuperate from crashes or weapon fire.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby JustNCredible » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:40 pm

What it boils down to is finding a car that is easy to control, because in a straight line, every vehicle should be the exact same speed.
EDIT: The Autopia Cars are the exception; in the Toybox they are significantly slower than everything else, but in the Speedway they are as fast as everything else.

There are differences between all of the vehicles though, for example some vehicles turn faster than others (for example Mike Wazowski's yellow car turns very fast, making it hard to control), and because of ground clearance, some vehicles are more thrown off by obstacles; I've found that vehicles with low ground-clearance (the four Indy-cars for example) negotiate bumps and obstacles more gracefully than cars with large wheels and tires, which will sometimes bounce and be thrown in different directions.

Likewise, I love bikes and they are good at cornering, but they can be knocked off balance easier than cars, especially when coming into contact with edges where there is a drop. Bikes are also harder to land a rail-grind with.

Floating cars/bikes (like the pod-racers, Medusa's Swamp Mobile, Buzz Astro Blaster, Star Wars speeders) Are even worse than bikes when it comes to rails and edges. There are some barriers that you can float clean over where as most cars would be kept on the track.

My favorite car to use in time trials is Francesco. He has one of the lowest ground-clearances of any vehicle and he is small (perfect size to avoid obstacles and other racers).
My personal favorites to use for fun, are Francesco, Cruella Deville's Car (which is also one of the lowest cars in the game), Medusa's Swamp Mobile, Vanellope's Candy Cart, and Grievous' Wheel Bike, and of course the new Ghost Rider's Bike, that thing is sweet.

In contrast, by far the worst vehicles in the game are the pod racers. For one thing they are huge, meaning they can be their own obstacles when negotiating small spaces. They also give little indication to their body roll while drifting, making it hard to tell where you're pointed when coming out of a drift, and their reactions are slower, at least where the model animation is concerned, which also throws off your sense of direction. On top of all that, they can sail clean over the edge of the track and over rails, making it extremely hard to stick a grind and even stay on the track. They are nearly impossible to win a 250cc race with. It doesn't bother me though, since out of all vehicles they should be the hardest to control and they are for sure some of the coolest looking/sounding vehicles in the game.

The real trick to winning in the Speedway is getting good at drifting, because ideally, you should always be in a drift, even when driving in a straight line. Your vehicle should be in a drift 100% of the race if you can help, it because that is the single-fastest way to build boost, and you'll need a lot of it to beat the harder races; the perfect race would consist of constant boost.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Tilarta » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:49 pm

I did use Ghost Rider's bike a bit.
I'm still uncertain if it's good because of a problem I have encountered a few times.
Because the bike can ride on walls equally as well as floors, this can result in the bike going in the wrong place when I dodge too far to one side as the other vehicles try to sideslam mine.

1. On the Sugar Rush track, when going through the Gumball Canyon, the bike slides into the path of the gumballs on the walls.
2. On the Arendelle track, in the tunnel leading to Marshmallow, the bike ends up driving along the walls.

Both these events result in lost time, sometimes allowing all the following racers to get past at once!

I've lost patience with placing a non-power disc vehicle because I have to keep doing it after each race.
The one I used to use was Vanellope's Candy Cart racer, but the game would never allow me to stay in it after the race was concluded.

I don't know much about boosting, save that it caused my fingers to hurt after holding down the L2&R2 buttons simultaneously.
Also, I tend to lose control of the vehicle when drifting and/or boosting, so I thought doing it continously would cause the loss of the race.

rank_250
Tilarta
PSN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby JustNCredible » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:37 pm

In those instances on sugarush and arendelle you just have to stay in the middle of the track and try not to touch them, because you're right your vehicle will climb the wall and it will be hard to control.

And as far as your tendency to lose control when drifting, just practice lol, you'll get the hang of it ;)
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help