How Do You Better Manage Toy Box Memory?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

How Do You Better Manage Toy Box Memory?

Postby GuyCC75 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:44 pm

I'm playing on PS4, and I'm having a beast of a time with memory.

For starters, there's a glitch that is putting one random Toy Story building way down in space below my Toy Box layout. It randomly changes, I can't delete it, but I have no idea if it's eating away the bit of memory that I need.

Otherwise, I am trying to build a Disneyland Toy Box. I have been downsizing the layout a lot to make it more compact, but nothing I do is dropping the memory icon that looks like a film strip. Even the other bars that are okay, it won't let me add anything to those. I've even deleted or moved things that have been "okay" in the playset before the memory limit, only to fight to have them restored on the layout (accidental delete, then going back to immediately re-add, or just moving them a few feet). Sometimes the limit gives, but I feel like I'm having to "trick" it to gain progress. The not being allowed to move already established things is the most frustrating.

I've been deleting, and downsizing, chopping out items, terrain, etc., and the limit will just not drop, even after removing about 15-20% of the landscape and items.

Also, does anyone have a link on how to connect a customer INterior to a Toy Box? I'm fighting that as well, and I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong, or it's related to the above issues.

Any help is appreciated.

rank_250
GuyCC75
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Re: How Do You Better Manage Toy Box Memory?

Postby SakuraMulan » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:43 pm

I am having a similar issue. I transferred one of my 2.0 toyboxes that still had some memory meter left to 3.0 and now the memory meter is maxed out. I watched the following video:

It didn't really tell me much I didn't know already, but it may be worth a try. :-)

Sorry this wasn't much help but I'm frustrated with it too.

rank_0
SakuraMulan
Main Console: PS3

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:21 pm

I used the Colby buildings and the Toy Story buildings in a 2.0 Disneyland toy box and had the same issue with both those sets. I spent so many hours on the toy box that it's disheartening to have to rebuild.

I was recently thinking about digging out my PS3 and going into the 2.0 toy box, deleting the offending toys, and then re-opening it in 3.0 to make a difference.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:18 pm

The key is when using different toys it fills the graphic meter faster than if you use the same toys. For instance, if you use 5 different buildings it will fill the meter up faster than using 5 of the same buildings. You have to learn to manage your memory.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby GuyCC75 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:25 pm

One of my friends suggested that I break it down into multiple Toy Boxes with connectors, which is ultimately what I will likely have to do.

It's more work than I imagined, but I guess it's better to not have the game be able to keep up to my imagination than the other way around.

rank_250
GuyCC75
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help