Where can I find some bigger Toy Boxes?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Where can I find some bigger Toy Boxes?

Postby TJRedeemer » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:10 am

Bigger, as in bigger than the ones I that the devs make that are ten minutes long and extremely linear. I want to know if there are some BIG toy boxes that never make it to the front page. I like big open worlds to explore, similar to the one I'm creating. It would be interesting to see what other people have done however. Any ideas on what cool toy boxes I could play, or perhaps you have a cool one that you would like to show off? If you do, then I'll definitely check it out!
Add me on Xbox!

rank_0
TJRedeemer
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Where can I find some "better" Toy Boxes?

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:31 am

Sorry to hear our short linear boxes are not captivating your attention. Unfortunately since many of THOSE endeavors take 20 and more hours to make, and the challenges to GET into developers picks are weekly, many of us more seasoned artists do not build quite that large.

Since the type of box you are asking about will take 50+ hours to build you are unlikely to find many if any already in existence. So I guess you have no choice but to finish building yours!

(It's worth noting also that we veer off Toy Boxes that play too long because there is no save point like toy. Any Toy Box must be able to be played in one sitting as coming back to it is likely to reset it from the beginning)

Good luck building your toy box!

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Kelevra1987 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:39 am

I am playing on the Ps4 and i have 1 BIG Toybox. It is a whole Star Wars Story (6 Boxes linked) but in german language... After i downloaded the new Patch this Box has gone "crazy". Nearly every second logicconnection was lost or even fired of even they were not supposed to do.
So i had to "relink" the boxes. When you jump from chapter 2 to 3 there was still an issue so i had to split the box this way:

Star War Chapter 1+2 = 1 Box
Star Wars Chapter 3-6 = 1 Box

rank_50
Kelevra1987
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sonicphoto » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:19 pm

Honestly the post did sound discouraging as someone who always does its best to create stories to follow in toy boxes, making sure players have fun stories to play with characters particularly toy box only characters. The original post should have been looking for bigger boxes thats it, because something may not be your style of gameplay, but that doesn't make it lesser than the rest. Not the best way to approach a community. And mightygitis explained well why that type of toy box is not common, as it takes quite a lot of time the ones we do, making sure they work testing them for hours, making sure all players of any kind can have fun all the way without anything breaking.

That said if you want to go for bigger boxes go ahead, its always great to see variety in the world of toy boxing! The more the merrier, and would be great to see what non challenge boxes are out there too, many hidden gems out there of any style and recently the TBTV team as been looking for non challenge boxes to feature in their hidden gems special section!

rank_250_ftb_10
Sonicphoto
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:54 pm

i have deleted several posts. on these forums everyone plays nice

if anyone doesn't want to play nice and wants to share comments with the public, please head off to facebook or twitter.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TJRedeemer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:02 pm

Sorry if my post seemed a bit mean. Looking back now it does sound a bit demeaning, and I do understand that some of these toy boxes take quite some time and effort to make. I think what I meant to ask was if there was any sort of "free roam", non-linear type toy boxes out there. It was not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings and I deeply apologize. If I may ask, could a mod please delete this thread? I do not want it hurting any more feelings and cause more anger.
Add me on Xbox!

rank_0
TJRedeemer
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:10 pm

I don't think it needs to be deleted. Maybe just edit the first post and change "better" into "bigger" and I think everyone would be fine with it then.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help