Need help fixing an Infinity figure

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Need help fixing an Infinity figure

Postby Parallax2814 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:49 am

I recently got a Malificent figure for 2.0 and it has a defect that I want to fix, but not sure how to go about it without potentially damaging the figure. And due to availability I cannot return or exchange it, so fixing it is my only option.

Whomever at the factory assembled the figure, didn't put her head all the way in before the glue was applied. The result can be seen here

Anyone know how I can remove the head without damaging the rest of the figure to allow me to reattach and glue the head properly?

rank_0
Parallax2814
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Need help fixing an Infinity figure

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:44 am

firstly please note that i accept no responsibility for any damage to the figure or injury to yourself when using the suggestion ... get a small bowl and fill with enough very hot, not boiling, water enough to cover the figure. place the figure in the water for a few minutes. remove the figure and carefully pull on the head to see if the glue has loosened. repeat until the head of the figure can be removed.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:59 am

Only do the head as the base can't be submerged I believe

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Parallax2814 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:18 pm

Would hot water from the tap work, or should I use the oven to heat up some water (not boiling)? I'm guess I'm afraid if the water is TOO hot, the head will get too soft when I grab it and become hopelessly damaged. Maybe hot tap water would be enough after dunking the head under it for a few minutes?

I'm also worried about the neck peg bending breaking under the heat too. Ugh, too many things can go wrong but I hate the sight of her neck right now.

rank_0
Parallax2814
PSN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:58 pm

^unfortuneatly it's all trial and error. There's no reason not to start with a lower temp and if it doesn't help increase the temp until it does

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help