Corrupt toy boxes

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Corrupt toy boxes

Postby KnightDriver » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:47 pm

I know that there has been discussion of corrupt toy boxes with the PS4, is it an issue for the other consoles as well? I'm really upset, after spending a LOT of time building a toy box that had 3 enemy generators, a race track, a boss fight, and two cameras it is maxed out of system memory and I suspect it's because the file is corrupt and bloated. This is the second attempt to build this toy box, the first attempt won't work at all now, it just crashes DI. It seems that there is a memory leak in the toy box build system, where if you add items, the gauge goes up but when you remove items the gauge never gives that space back. At least that's how it seems to me. Am I alone in this? It doesn't seem that a toy box of the size I described should be that difficult. I know I've seen some that are much more elaborate.

Both toy boxes took quite a bit of adding terrain, moving it around, etc. and I'm wondering if just working the same file for too long also risks corruption. I'd be grateful for any thoughts, tips, or other info on this, as I'm at my wits' end.
KD
Friend me on PS4 (konkrypton) & Disney Infinity (KnightDriver)!

rank_50
KnightDriver
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Corrupt toy boxes

Postby CCRunner524 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:24 pm

I have never had a situation where i received a corrupt box in 3.0 and I make toyboxes all the time. I was suggest looking at the meter before you save to make sure its not maxed out. It could be that you are spawning boxes and enemies and leaving them in the toybox when you save. The AI of these fills up a toybox dramatically. Also it is good practice to have multiple copies of the toybox until you are done in case this situation arises.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:00 am

I haven't had any corrupt boxes in 3.0 but did have a few in 2.0. One thing I would suggest is to keep a system of rotating saves. Save a box and the second time you save, create a new file. Once you have a few versions, start rotating which box you save to.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby KnightDriver » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:49 am

Good suggestions, guys. I know I'm not leaving enemies running in the toy boxes, since I know how not to trigger them while I'm building. Besides rotating the saves, it may be that I need to rebuild my system or something. I'll try rotating the saves, but I'll also keep digging to see if rebuilding the PS4 would help.
KD

rank_50
KnightDriver
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby hotrod74 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:47 pm

I keep having problems on my xbox 360 I was building an arena and it lets me build it I kept an eye on my meters and was well within my limits and as soon as I finished building and generated an enemy and went to fight the whole game freezes I've tried several times and keep having the same problem,add me as a friend hotrod74
HotRod74

rank_0
hotrod74
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby KnightDriver » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:51 pm

If you're on Xbox I can't add you from my PS4. But if HotRod74 is your Disney name, too, then I can add you through iOS maybe? If you share the toy box with friends, and I can friend you, I'll take a look at it. What's it called?
KD

rank_50
KnightDriver
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby hotrod74 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:47 pm

I'm in the process of making a new one,I deleted the other one as I got so fed up with it ,I will let u know when I submit it
HotRod74

rank_0
hotrod74
Main Console: Xbox 360

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help