Connecting Xbox360 to Wifi

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Connecting Xbox360 to Wifi

Postby Maserati777 » Sun May 29, 2016 5:31 am

So the new figures only work if you get the update by connecting to wifi. I heard you don't need XboxLive to do this, but my Xbox won't connect to wifi. I have the wireless adaptor but when I do the test I get the red x at the beginning.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Connecting Xbox360 to Wifi

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun May 29, 2016 9:21 am

Connect an Xbox 360 to a Wireless Network
Connect your Xbox 360 to a wireless network to join the world of online gaming. When you connect your Xbox 360 to a wireless network you can access Xbox Live where you can play against other online gamers around the world.

Online gamers can also participate in tournaments and operate in teams with each other for a whole new game experience. All you need to get started is a wireless access point and an Xbox 360 wireless networking adapter.

You won't be able to connect to Xbox Live unless you have a high-speed Internet connection, such as a cable or other broadband system.

Turn off all your network equipment (modem and router) as well as the Xbox 360.

Leave all equipment off for a couple of minutes.

Attach your Xbox 360 networking adapter to the back of the console and flip up the antenna.

Line up the adapter with the two slots on the back left corner of the Xbox 360. Insert the tabs on the adapter into the slots and plug the adapter's USB cord into the port next to it.

Turn on your modem and router. Make sure that your wireless router is connected to the Internet and broadcasting a signal.

Use a PC to ensure that all router settings are complete before turning on the Xbox 360.

Turn on the Xbox 360. Select My Xbox→System Settings on the dashboard.

If the Xbox 360 is connected to a modem using an Ethernet cable, the wireless function will be turned off.

Choose Network Settings and select Edit Settings. Select Wireless Mode.

The Xbox 360 will display a list of available networks.

Locate your home network's SSID on the list.

If you don't see your network and you’re sure that it was broadcasting a signal, try choosing Specify Unlisted Network.

Use the onscreen keyboard to enter your network's security key and select the type of security you use — WEP or WPA.

The Xbox will store all these settings and return to the Network Settings menu.

If you're not sure what the security key is, ask the person who set up the network initially.

Choose Test Xbox Live Connection.

The Xbox will attempt to log on to Xbox Live. You'll be able to watch as each aspect of your network settings is confirmed. Once it is all confirmed, the settings will be permanently stored so that you can quickly connect next time.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Mon May 30, 2016 12:47 am

This really makes no sense. My old desktop computer connected to the internet with a d-link thing. When I plug the d-link into the laptop it starts downloading something. Is it transferring everything from my old computer to the laptop? Do I need a new d-link thing separately for the laptop?

Can I use a cable? What does the Ethernet cable look like? Where do you plug it in? The d-link thing doesn't have any slot for other wires.

Also my xbox 360 is the Xbox 360 Core edition, so I plugged the wireless adaptor in the front on the bottom under a flap.

rank_250
Maserati777

Postby Maserati777 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:04 pm

Well I moved the modem from the other room to the room with the 360 console and plugged it directly into the 360 using an Ethernet cable.

I tried Test Xbox Live Connection, the red x appeared between xbox 360 and network, also tried Test PC Connection and Test Windows Media Center and none worked.

I checked online and it said I may have to return the Xbox to default settings or just a bunch of difficult things where it would probably be easier just to forget it. lol

rank_250
Maserati777

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help