Counter Creati-toy problem

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Counter Creati-toy problem

Postby JCKane » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Hey everyone. I'm new here and I've been having a problem.

like really it feels like this glitch is out to get me.... but ok. What i'm trying to do is use one button to switch between two different cameras. To explain further is that first when you press the button it'll change to one camera's view. But when you press the button again, it'll change to a different camera's view. press it again and it'll go back to the original camera's view.

Now, I got this to work using two counters. I set the one to go to 1 and the other to go to 2. And the button will increment both counters by one when pressed. The counter's will also reset themselfs after reaching their desired number.

This method was actually working perfectly for me. As in actually tested it and it worked. Yet, suddenly, when I was working on other parts of the game.. without even touching the counters or the button (well, I'm using a remote controller as I can't use the other buttons for it that's why I need to have one button toggle the camera) but without warning, it suddenly stopped working. I have no idea why it randomly stopped working and I tried everything I could think of to fix it. Including making new counters and links and the like.

I tried some testing and I found out for some reason it's ignoring the command of the 2nd counter. I did this using Drop ball thing toy.

I tried some other ways to do it yet each time I successfully found a new way that worked... it litterally stopped it from working again. Like, I took a lightarea toy and set it so that when it was on, it'd change the background to one background, then when it was off to another (that was what I was usuing as a test at the time for a more visual test.) I then set the button to 'toggle' them. But after working for changing it once then back... it suddenly stopped working.

Even had a bit more complex way using counters but again when I got the solution to work... it yet again stopped it from working (again after it worked right for a moment.)

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Or another way for it to work because I'm getting fed up with it and nearly about to abondon the ToyboxGame I'm working on.

rank_0
JCKane
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: Counter Creati-toy problem

Postby Adornedatom » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:53 pm

Not sure if this will work but I tend to use doors in my toyboxes.

Place a door somewhere out of sight and set your switch to both open and close the door. This may require a logic gate.

Door opens activate camera A, door closes activate camera B.

Alternatively you could use the floor mounted switch. Activate camera A when 'on' and B when 'off'.

rank_0
Adornedatom

Postby JCKane » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:56 am

actually as I was waiting for a reply... I solved it :P

a floor plate wouldn't work anyways... and the doors... yeah I don't know how to make it open and close using 1 command :/ Plus as I said... I tried the same tatic with a light (which actually has a toggle switch) oddly enough it worke dfor 2 presses of the button and suddenly stopped working.

However, as I said I fixed the problem... I simply set it so that when the 2nd ccounter reached it's target not only did it activate the Camera B but also deactivated Camera A... It's been sorking so yay!!

Also had to use a version of that to get my doors to open and close with one button.

rank_0
JCKane
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Adornedatom » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:28 am

Glad you solved it. I realised last night that I'd completely messed up my usual approach, which is to have 2 doors. One door is open, one door is closed. Pressing switch opens both doors, but when a door opens it closes the other door. Then the 'door' open command does whatever I want it to do. That way the switch will end up opening a different door each time it is pressed.

I've generally used this approach with trigger areas.

rank_0
Adornedatom

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help