Problem with pausing and starting multiple timers

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Problem with pausing and starting multiple timers

Postby JCKane » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:09 am

So most likely I just don't understand how to do this. But here's what I'm tempting to do:

So first of all I have this object that has 4 stages. Stage 1, you see a closed curtain, Stage 2, the curtain opens and you see something inside. Stage 3 the thing starts to leave, Stage 4 It runs at you.

I have it set up (trying to) that each stage has a timer. The first Timer starts and once it goes off it'll shift the thing from stage 1 to stage 2. Timer 2 ends with it shifting from stage 2 to 3, and timer 3 shifts it from stage 3 to 4.

Now I'm trying to set it up to when you shift to a camera looking at it, the timer (which ever one is currently going) will pause, but when you shift to a different camera, the timer starts back up again.

here lyes the problem. Pausing the timer is not a problem. Just have the buton that shifts you to that camera pause the timer. My problem is restarting it when you shift to a new camera. Because obviously using the button to shift away will trigger the timer to start up again... problem is I need to keep it from restarting/starting the other timers.

any one know how to fix this? I tried the Logic and.. and that other one.... along with logic gates to show which timer's active... problem is it's not working... like it needs the logic gate to be 'returned on' and not just rather it's on currently or not... anyone know how to fix that?

rank_0
JCKane
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: Problem with pausing and starting multiple timers

Postby JCKane » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:17 am

ok so I thought I got it working yet, the start button both restarted a timer or something as well as started it.... Ugh.

I'm trying a new one.... where I use counters to reset a single timer... but no that's not working because it won't restart the timer... First i tried to have the counter itself reset the timer.. but no. Then I thought ok, maybe it's an ordering wise or something... so I had a switch (I'm using in my test ot visually tell if it's working.) But nope that don't do it either.!
I'm getting tired of this.

rank_0
JCKane
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: Problem with pausing and starting multiple timers

Postby JCKane » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:30 am

guess I solved my own problem again :P :D... but yeah apprently the problem was in the fact that it was trying to do to many things at the same time that ordering of what it was doing caused it to fail.... thus adding a delayer made sure it 'started' the timer at the right time. (as in before it was running it while it the 'press start' was triggered. So yeah.

rank_0
JCKane
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help