Path creator question

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Path creator question

Postby JCKane » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:53 am

ok... so I hate asking yet another question especially because well... I'm doing some testing as I wait for a response... but I feel bad if I figured it out before I get a reply... like my last two (facepalm).

but does anyone know how to tell when a toy's finished a path in the path creator? cuz I have someone following a path and when they reach the end (one way not there and back) I want them to trigger an event. No, a floor pad won't work due to visual reasons but yeah... Anyone know? Plz let me know... and if I should stop asking so many questionis on here.

rank_0
JCKane
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: Path creator question

Postby CCRunner524 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:11 pm

The Path points themselves have logic. When object reaches point on path ----> even occurs.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JCKane » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:31 am

yeah... it's not working at all.....

rank_0
JCKane
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby pjhaan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:26 am

I know I had a few issues with path points trying to set some actions on other paths. I didn't have any issues with end points though.

I used that a lot on my Lights, Motors Action box.

Just do the path point - object reached point on path on the last point on your path. If that doesn't work, I am not sure what to tell you.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JCKane » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:59 pm

That's exactly what I did.... and still it didn't work. Though goofy (the one on the path) is set to -reverse- I think initially though I tell him to 'start path' to send him down it.

rank_0
JCKane
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Reverse function doesnt work well i dont think. also the object needs to actually hit the path. using offests dont allow it to make a connection. When I needed to verify if a signal is going out, i hook it to a fireworks generator and see if its sending out a signal. If so then i follow down the line till i find the problem. If not then something is set up wrong with the logic from the path point.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JCKane » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:41 pm

Well I used a switch and goofy does follow the path and ends at the end 'thenwalks off due to interior items) but it doesn't register he made it.... even with the switch :'(

rank_0
JCKane
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help