How do you require two triggers for something?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

How do you require two triggers for something?

Postby JCKane » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:19 am

hey ya'll it's me again. I've been trying and trying to set up where you have to use two things to trigger an event. I've been running into the problem constantly and have found work around but I would like to know how to do it. Because in this case, well... I'll explain it further:

Basically I have an event that has 3 stages. Each stage is supposed to go off after a certain amount of time has passed. And I've manage to work it so that by using counters I've got it so that I use 1 timer to trigger each of the 3 events.

Everything is currently working fine. Except for the pause/start feature. Again I'm using one button to pause the timers while the other button is to start it. Which again it's not a problem... the problem is in stage 3.

you see in stage 3, an event is triggered that makes a townsperson walk down a path and at the end of it, if the player hadn't done what they needed to, the game ends. But if the player does, the event starts over at stae 1.

here lyes the problem... not that starting at stage 1 is the problem... the problem is that while the townsperson is folliowing the path.. pressing the button again will cause the timer for stage 1 to start thus starting the process over before it's time to do so. Normally it'd not be a problem but the button that supposed to start and pause the timer is linked to another feature... (which I prefer not to say exactly as to not give away what I'm doing til it's finished ;) )

See, I thought of a solution... would be to use a gate or something and when stage 3 is going, to close the gate. Thus making it where only when the gates open and you press the trigger, will the timer 'start'. But again I can't seem to get it to work as the two I tried "The Logic And" and the other one I can't think of the name as of typing this: but the one with the 2 imputs. The problem is, both of them seem to not work.. mostly the gate. See instead of having 'if on' always being active, it will only send the signal iwhen it's in the process of being opened (if you get that, if not as in when it gets a signal that says 'open' rather it's allready opened or not) If you guys know what I'm doing wrong to fix that, or what not, please let me know. Been trying to get this Toybox game working for a few days now and should of allready been done had not I not known how to work these things :(

rank_0
JCKane
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: How do you require two triggers for something?

Postby Adornedatom » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:47 pm

There is a logic toy called a 'Duel Action Trigger' or something. Basically set action 1 to trigger A then action 2 to trigger B. Set the DAC to trigger your desired event when completed. I've used this a few times, but I got frustrated when it didn't activate (logic connections do that sometimes ALAS) so I stopped using it, but if you are keeping the memory usage low enough then it should do what you're describing.

rank_0
Adornedatom

Re: How do you require two triggers for something?

Postby JCKane » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:22 pm

actually the dual action trigger is the other toy i was refering to but couldn't remember the name.

i found a work around using a repeater to constantly open the gate when the gate is open (if that makes sense... but the other way to say it is pretty much that it tells that the gates open constantly) thus the DAT is satisfied.

rank_0
JCKane
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help