Future stock situation

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Future stock situation

Postby g2red89 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:38 pm

With the sad and frustrating news of DI being cancelled, do you guys think the last released content will be hardest to get if you wait say 6 months or so? Or will the older content be harder to get? I imagine the stores will try and get rid of their stock asap, but then again maybe not, I'm not sure. Personally I'm still coming to grips with everything and still very upset so much so that I packed up pretty much all my DI content and placed them into two separate shoe boxes. But with the videos I've been seeing about the finding dory and alice content, it makes me want to dust off my portal and play the game for one last time. Still I am very sad about it all.

rank_100
g2red89

Re: Future stock situation

Postby Infinirama » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:03 pm

I'm expecting limited quantities of Dory and Nemo. Amazon still hasn't listed them and there are rumors that Nemo is being released with and without power discs... I decided not to wait.

rank_50
Infinirama

Postby g2red89 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:38 pm

I went ahead and picked up all the Alice figures, despite having no interest in seeing the movie. I thought I was done with DI, but I guess it only makes sense to finish the collection. As far as Nemo, I think it's best to get those figures asap as well. I'm already reading that the stock is kind of sketchy. However I'm gonna try and wait until my best buy rewards point kick in. It's possible I might be able to get everything for free. I don't even know what the playset is about, but I just want the toys and sky domes it brings so don't really care. Still sad about this news.

rank_100
g2red89

Postby JCKane » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:53 pm

I honestly saw a multi pack of mac'n cheese that's says it has a Finding Dory power disc in it o.O

rank_0
JCKane
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby pjhaan » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:33 am

I broke my own rule yesterday and paid full retail for Dory and Nemo. The Target I went to only had two Play Sets and I got the last Nemo. All the other major retailers in my area were sold out. I refuse to pay scalper prices on Amazon.

I couldn't risk not being able to find them.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:33 pm

I have yet to see a Nemo or Dory figure here in Canada, including Amazon. I have a preorder on Amazon and they haven't shipped yet. The only ones available there are from the UK and the price is ridiculous. I really hope we won't get shorted out of finishing our collections. Those are the only 2 I'm missing.

rank_250
Goofyboy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby g2red89 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:00 pm

This is my biggest fear. I'm waiting for my best buy rewards points to drop as I will probably be able to buy both the playset and Nemo, but I don't want to risk everything going out of stock. I guess I could have waited on the Alice figures, I don't really see them having stock issues soon. However Nemo, that's another story. I might just have to suck it up and get it, and just use my points for something else.

rank_100
g2red89

Postby shades_smiley » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:52 pm

@JCKane, it's a free digital download of a power disc (whatever that means)

rank_100
shades_smiley
Main Console: Wii U

Postby DreamFinder1983 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Up here in Canada, I have ONLY been seeing the Finding Dory Play Set and Nemo Figure being sold at Toys "R" Us locations (for full price, at that). I am thinking they were the only retailer to receive or accept stock of these. Also a heads up with the Nemo Figure, the ones I've seen include two power discs with it. However, it seems that these are just repeats of the same Finding Nemo themed terrain and skydome power discs that came out for 1.0, so I am not sure what the deal is with that. The only difference about the discs that I can see is that they are labeled with the 3.0 banner at the top of each disc, rather than 1.0 -- certainly odd to be sure, considering that means they took the time to produce new discs under the 3.0 line but not with different content. :/
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

rank_0
DreamFinder1983
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help