"WARNING" Messages PS4 Finding Dory Corrupts Save Game Data

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

"WARNING" Messages PS4 Finding Dory Corrupts Save Game Data

Postby Zmillfarmer » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Hi All,

The Finding Dory Playset is amazing and both figures are truly works of art.

However . . . On my PS4 during game play I got warnings that the game crashed and after the third time this happened I lost all my progress in Disney Infinity 3.0.

Luckily I had a backup of my previous Disney Infinity 3.0 Save Game Data on a USB drive so I was able to restore my progress from the last time I saved my DI 3.0 Game Data (lost a month of progress).

My suggestion is to make sure one has Disney Infinity 3.0's Save Game Data on a USB drive before playing the Finding Dory Playset.

I am going to follow the practice now of always saving Disney Infinity Save Game Data for all Versions on multiple USB drives so as to have an Archived Copy of each progress marked Stable and another that is my Current Use Save Game Data (that means one should consider having 6 small individual USB drives). My suggestion is a safety precaution. Hopefully other Console Owners will prepare as well for the event of Corrupt Saved Game Data.

Please consider creating a USB Save Game prior to playing the Finding Dory Playset. My final crash was in the start of the level with the Octopus.

Thank you

-------
Imagination is best if set Free!

rank_0
Zmillfarmer
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: WARNING PS4 Finding Dory Corrupts Save Game Data

Postby Mozenrath1 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:55 pm

I've been playing finding dory playset since June 3rd and haven't had a problem. And played it a lot went back with nemo on the 17th and no problems still.
"Why am I not surprised" - Iago from Alladdin

rank_250
Mozenrath1
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: "WARNING" Messages PS4 Finding Dory Corrupts Save Game D

Postby Zmillfarmer » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:04 pm

It could be that I have a downloaded Disney Infinity 3.0 install and play the game from the hard disk.

I changed the title of this post in order to be more accurate as to the problem I encountered.

I received two crash notices while playing the Finding Dory Playset and when I reloaded Disney Infinity 3.0 and the Playset after each notice I was able to play. After the 3rd Warning when I restarted Disney Infinity 3.0 I was started as if that was the first time I had played Disney Infinity 3.0 and all my progress was lost and had the basic starter Hub.

This could just be an issue with the downloaded version of Disney Infinity 3.0.

Since, there is no DI Support available I thought I should mention what happened after all remember the 7 Ps - Proper, Prior, Planning, Prevents, wibble, Poor, Performance.

------

rank_0
Zmillfarmer
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help