2.0 & 3.0 - Power Disc Album Questions

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

2.0 & 3.0 - Power Disc Album Questions

Postby DreamFinder1983 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:27 pm

Hey all,

I just have a few quick questions here regarding power disc albums. First, with 2.0... were there any power disc albums that have all discs already in them (like that of the red Target exclusive one they released for Wave 2 of 1.0)? I have seen a few variations of Marvel ones online (Spider-Man, Avengers, Guardians, etc.) and I am not sure what the "deluxe" one is. Are they all the same with just different designs on the covers? Or does some hold less discs? It appears there are two separate albums for 2.0? One for Marvel discs and one for Disney Originals? Does that one have an album with all discs included as well? I think it's the options and variations that are confusing me here... so any links and detailed information from those who are in the know, would be awesome!

As for 3.0, it seems that they moved towards themed disc sets... which is nice so you don't have to blow a billion dollars on blind bags. However, is there even a power disc album for anything in 3.0? If not, what are we expected to use to keep our discs from being all over the place? Any type of holder released at all? I know for Wave 3 of the discs in 1.0 didn't have any case released at the time, so I had to use a capsule to fit the rest. Is this still the case?

Just anything y'all can dig up for me on the albums would be great... I'm kind of at a loss on what to look for and what the best options to get are (as I have very few power discs for 2.0 and haven't really caught myself up on that stuff as I was concentrating on purchasing figures and Play Sets first).

Thanks everyone! :)
"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

rank_0
DreamFinder1983
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Re: 2.0 & 3.0 - Power Disc Album Questions

Postby The Disney Dork » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:09 pm

The Avengers, Spider-Man, and Guardians albums are all exactly the same except for the cover designs and which discs are included with them. Same goes for the two Disney albums for 2.0.

There is no power disc album for 3.0, all they released to hold discs were these weird little zip up plush bag things, that could only hold a handful of discs. You're better off just getting more capsules, most of them are on clearance now that it's over.

rank_250
The Disney Dork
Main Console: Wii U

Postby DreamFinder1983 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:09 am

Thanks for the information and advice on 3.0! That's kind of sad, to be honest...

As for the 2.0 Albums... you say they are the same except for the covers. Okay, I get that part. But then it sounded like you said the discs that can be held inside them differ? I am specifically looking for both a Marvel album and a Disney Originals album that holds ALL of the discs (if such a thing exists). If there are ones that already come pre-filled with the power discs, that would be even better! Are there such things? If so, can I get links on what they are specifically and perhaps where to find them? Because I have not seen anything locally, except the Toys "R" Us exclusive albums for 1.0.

Thanks! :D

rank_0
DreamFinder1983
XBL ID:

Postby The Disney Dork » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:34 am

All of the Marvel albums can hold every disc besides two, and both of the Disney albums can hold every disc besides two.
For Marvel, it's the Captain Marvel and Falcon costume change discs that don't have designated spots. For Disney, it's the Aladdin sky and terrain. Why they did it like this is beyond me, I guess those four discs went into production after the albums had already been made. Both types of albums, Marvel and Disney, also have spots for the toy box expansion game discs.

And what I meant was that each of these albums actually come with a few power discs as a little bonus to your purchase. They're just inside the packaging right in front of the album cover when you buy it. Each one comes with different discs...I wanna say it's like 5 discs with each album? Something like that. And they're not random either, each one has specific discs that they come with and that you can see. For example, all Guardians are guaranteed to have the Groot Sky and terrain, etc.

I know the Guardians album was exclusive to Gamestop, and the Spider-Man one was exclusive to Best Buy. I think the Avengers one might have not been exclusive to anywhere, but I do remember seeing it at Walmart once. I would check GameStop, specifically the clearance bin. I've been seeing Guardians albums in there all the time recently.

One of the Disney albums was exclusive to Toys R Us, and I believe the other one was a Target exclusive. Since these are from 2.0, and, well, since the game has been cancelled...obviously these aren't being stocked, shipped, or even made anymore. Pretty much your only two options are either finding leftover ones in stores (again, try GameStop) or ordering online. Here are some links...

Toys R Us exclusive Disney album

Best Buy exclusive Spider-Man album

GameStop exclusive Guardians album

Unfortunately these are the only ones that are still up on their original retailer websites. If you're looking for the Target exclusive Disney album or the Avengers album, you'll have to get them second hand. And to answer your question about an album with a complete set of discs included, they only did that once, back in 1.0. It was a Target exclusive album that included every series 2 power disc with it, and it cost sixty dollars.

I hope all of this helps you out, and I hope you find what you're looking for. I myself have the Guardians album and the TRU Disney album, and they're both fantastic, I'd highly recommend them. Good luck buddy!

rank_250
The Disney Dork
Main Console: Wii U

Postby DreamFinder1983 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:10 am

Thanks so much for your information! I now have the Guardians of the Galaxy album and the Toys "R" Us exclusive Disney Originals album and a blue and green power disc capsule are on their way! :)

rank_0
DreamFinder1983
XBL ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help