Official response from Disney:
Hello there Bionic,
Thank you for taking the time to contact us!
If you were to move from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, you will lose any progress you had in the game not including Character Levels. Your Toy Box unlocks, Play Set progress and other data of this caliber is saved directly to your console and cannot be transferred to Xbox One as they are two separate platforms.
Yes, you will also need to purchase a new Xbox One specific Base and either have a Disc or Digital Version of Disney Infinity 3.0 for that console as well. However, your Toy Boxes, if saved to the cloud, are associated with your Disney Infinity Account and would be able to be transferred over to the Xbox One. Your Disney Infinity Account saves these if they are uploaded.
If you have any more questions or concerns please let us know! We are happy to help.
Have a magical day,
1. I'll need a new portal/base.
2. I'll need 3.0 software for XboxOne. and 2.0 too if I want to play Spidey/Avengers playsets again.
3. I will lose all progress and unlocked items, starting the game from scratch.
4. I won't be able to play 1.0 or their playsets.
5. My figures will retain their levels.
6. I will have the ability to build larger toy boxes.
7. The game will appear mildly better graphically.
8. Possible faster load times?
9. And my toy box saves will remain in cloud for download. ( BUT editing of them will be limited until i've unlocked all the toys I originally used. Also the time constraint on cloud actually being available. )
Boy I picked a bad time to do this.