Enemy seeking and Tools and pack questions

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Enemy seeking and Tools and pack questions

Postby JCKane » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:20 pm

Ok, so I'm working on a toy box game, and I ran into a few problems and I'm hoping someone can help me with them.

First of all is with the enemies, the game is a survival type game where you have to go through waves of enemies. The problem is that while I've got the map, spawning points, and numbers of enemies per waves (15 and it gets harder with each wave). The problem is that the map is too big in that the enemies don't detect the player and the player seems to deal with more heading to the 3 Spawning points than dealing with the enemy. The question is: Is there a way to make an enemy detect and seek out the player regardless where it's at on the map? I add more enemies and/or spawning points, but I would prefer not too if there is a way to do it the other way.

The second question, is how do you set a tool/pack so the player can not remove it while the game is running? Cuz I allready know how to set a tool/pack, but I need to be able to set it to where the player is stuck with it during the game. Does anyone know how to do this?

rank_0
JCKane
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: Enemy seeking and Tools and pack questions

Postby Mkruzer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:56 am

I'm not aware of anyway to do the first. Maybe you could make he map smaller or do something to move to player closer.

As for the second, the packs and tools manager does allow you to set a pack or tool to be the default, meaning it is active for the player anytime the packs and tools manager is activated. But, the player is able to put the pack or tool away if they want to.

rank_100
Mkruzer
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Enemy seeking and Tools and pack questions

Postby JCKane » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:32 am

I really don't want to have to make it smaller as I like the layout. So may have to try one of the other ways.

as for the other, I allready knew that, but I thought there was a way to prevent the player from removing it... I mean it is one of the hero destroyer levels and I thought that was made using only toybox elements... aside from the 'hero destroyer itself'. Because sadly I'm designing the game to where the player has one set of tools and packs they have to use during the game, with a second unlockable and playing it without a set is another unlockable. I could change it as playing without a set is the original unlocked but I wanted it close to the original game I'm basing it on. :/

rank_0
JCKane
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help