Racing CARS characters

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Racing CARS characters

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Hi all. I'm finally finding time to make some of the themed tracks I've been promising myself. Sugar rush, star wars Endor, TRON. But it really jars me off that I'm always Stuck racing CARS. It ruins my efforts to keep things true to each franchise. - Is there any way to change or randomize the vehicles in a toy box race??? Ideally I'd love everyone to be on speeder bikes on end or for example.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Racing CARS characters

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:51 am

Well after 75 views and not a single response, I suppose the answers no. Oh well. :cry:

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mkruzer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:35 am

Unfortunately, this is one of the limitations on racing in DI. There doesn't seem to be any way to edit the properties for vehicle races.

I remember when I first got DI, I was really excited by the prospect of building my own racetracks, but the limitations on racing just seem to make it not worthwhile. So after my first few attempts I just gave up on it.

rank_100
Mkruzer
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:59 am

That's disappointing. If you could at least alter the intelligence of the racers. I had a jump where the AI would never make it across but i could. I had to introduce a weather vein to push them across. But another question. If I have alternate routes on my track, can i split the path? Will the AI randomly choose a fork? I'd like to split the pack up.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Zmillfarmer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:54 pm

I came across this youtube video about a race track using speeder bikes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rMZFLoiYrI

And prima games has this link for making a racing game toy box https://www.primagames.com/games/disney ... race-track

The big but is there seems to be no way to the effect the properties of a race games logic within that complete racetrack.

However can one place a trigger area on the race track that only effects the AI? Plus could this trigger area create an effect while the race continues?
Imagination is best if set Free!

rank_0
Zmillfarmer
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:36 pm

I haven't looked at this yet but thanks for the tip... I will report back. ;)

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mkruzer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:16 am

@Zmillfarmer that first link is showing the speeder bike racing in the Rise Against the Empire playset, not the Toybox. Mind you, it is possible to use a challenge maker to force players onto speeder bikes to make a race in the Toybox. But it could only be a single player (timed) or multiplayer race with no AI racers though.

rank_100
Mkruzer
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:27 am

I think I may go with some 'cruel' Mario Kart style random events to mix things up. Such as reverse conveyer belts, and walls/chasms than randomly appears and disappear. More than anything the randomness would hopefully make it harder for the human player, and give the AI a bit more of a fighting chance. I know the weapons add this gameplay element, but i'm not a fan weapons in my races.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help