Take Ownership of figures resets xp?

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Take Ownership of figures resets xp?

Postby Exanimonl » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 am

I've bought Infinity with my wife (won't be able to play it till Friday when it comes out over here) which means we will share figures.
One thing i noticed was that you can take ownership of a figure. According to this article you can claim a figure and "reset" it's xp and levels.
My question is: When i claim the figure back, does it have the xp and levels i've earned with it again?

If not, one player should always use a figure as a guest (and i assume won't earn xp) which also makes it difficult if that player wants to play alone as she has no figures of her own.

If yes, i assume we can both unlock items but the question is then: do we share the item pool or do we each have access to our own earned items?
Exanimonl
Main Console: PS4

Re: Take Ownership of figures resets xp?

Postby MightyGitis » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:45 am

You can level up figures as a guest it seems. I'm a little confused on taking ownership. I played with two different figurines without taking ownership and they earned levels. When a friend played on another game file they dropped one in and it had all the levels from where it was played as a guest on my profile. I suppose you can not take ownership of any and level them up on more than one game file. However in the trophies you get trophies only for characters you have taken ownership over.

I'm still very unsure in the matter and is one of the reasons I came and joined a forum of other players in hopes of getting better insight into some of this game.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Royi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:46 pm

The whole ownership thing has me really confused. I was playing with my daughter and I think she took ownership of some of the characters when she logged onto them before I did. It mentioned to "take ownership in the menu" or something, but I went through every prompt in the Menu without finding any "claim this character".

I think they made it quite more complicated than Skylanders. That was a easy system to figure out (host's game would claim ownership, regardless who placed the character on the portal), and it had a easy-to-find place to switch ownership too.

rank_50
Royi

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:54 pm

This worries me.... I've only bought one figure for another family member, because she really wanted Violet and wasn't sure if she might be a bit rough with it or lost it... or would understand the concept of having to put it on the base and leave it there while playing.
Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby JTShadow » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:21 pm

I have yet to test this but according to the frequently asked questions on the Disney infinity site it says you can loan a friend your figure and they can then play as a guest and level yours up or they can take ownership and start from level 1. It further states that when your friend returns your figure it will retain all your saved information. I have sent disney a question to see if they can clarify a Mac amount of users as my wife, daughter and I all share the game. Hope this helps!

rank_0
JTShadow
XBL ID:

Postby mommy incredible » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm concerned about this too. I'm a "new gamer" (mommy). My son, hubby and two all have our own profile on the Xbox. I can't seem to sign in more than one profile and each ownership a figure when playing this game? Also can my son play on his profile, save and then hubby on his own profile (same figure) and save without wiping out the previous game? Sorry if this was already asked. I've looked for a thread but didn't see anything.
mommy incredible

Postby Figment74 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Here is what I found through my own testing.

PS3, with 2 profiles one for me, and one for the Daughter. My LR is Lvl 7, and I own it.

I quit the game, and login to a new profile on PS3 for daughter, and the she starts with LR. LV7 I had her take Ownership (lvl0) She levld up to 1, and I was able then Login to my Profile on the PS3, and then Take Ownership of my LR figure, and am reflecting LV7 for that figure. It would appear that you can switch back and forth, however I wouldn't recommend it. I would instead allow them to pick a 'main' and if they want to share to do so in guest mode would be ideal, since that allows for multiple players to lvl up a figure.

Still nice to know that I don't need to buy 3 jack sparrow's
Figment74

We all have sparks. Imaginations. That's how our minds create creations. So they can make our wildest
dreams come true. Those little sparks in me and you.

rank_100
Figment74
Main Console: PS3

Postby FROZOFAN » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:51 pm

My girlfriend has been leveling up 2 characters as a guest when she plays with me, this means when I play with them and take ownership they will go back to zero? That's a little disappointing to hear....

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby MightyGitis » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:16 pm

Hmmm. So the choice is run a lot of figures as guests that can be cumulatively leveled up no matter who's using them or switch ownership back and forth so that we can do our own levels. I think this is more confusing than it should be.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help