Should I get a 3-pack before a Playset?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Should I get a 3-pack before a Playset?

Postby mr.incredible125 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:16 pm

I'm thinking of getting a Cars playset but not sure if I should get a 3-pack first. What are your thoughts?

rank_100
mr.incredible125
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: Should I get a 3-pack before a Playset?

Postby LiamImagineer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:18 pm

For me, I would get a Playset, your still getting two characters and your getting a new world to explore as well as items to bring into the toy box! Unless the three pack contains three of your favourite characters then I'd go of the Playset. :)
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

rank_0
LiamImagineer
Main Console: PS4

Postby Nibelilt » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:23 pm

You already get three play sets in the starter, which should last until you have enough to spend on Cars. I think it depends on wether you feel the extra characters would be worth it in the end. If you plan to collect every character, then I would say a definite yes, get a triple first, so that you can get it out of the way and save the shiny new stuff for later. If not... I would just go with whichever characters you like more first. Overall, though, my humble suggestion is to spend money on play sets so that you have all the mechanics available to play with. :lol:
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:31 pm

I would go with the Cars set for many of the reasons said above by Liam. The Cars play set comes with 2 figures, one of which I believe is the coolest figure, Lighning McQueen. Also, it unlocks the Driving mechanics in the Toy Box, which is huge as from what I've seen, driving is playing a big part in the game. Another thing is that it adds 6-12 new hours of gameplay to the game. So really, when comparing a play set and 3 pack, the only diference is that the play set piece replaces one of the figures. So yea, I would go with the playset!
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Michjeff » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:08 pm

Who are you playing with? I was going to get cars, but the thing is I am trying to get my wife into this game as well. So I am going to get the sidekicks so we can play all the gameplay together.
Michjeff

Postby kslush1 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:32 am

^Same. I want to play with my fiancé so I am getting a sidekick pack first of all. I think it all depends on who will be playing with you.

rank_100
kslush1
Main Console: PS3

Postby SalmonPink » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:00 pm

If you're planning on going through the game as a single player, maybe prioritise what's important to you. If you want to see as many new worlds as quickly as possible, then an additional playset would be a good idea. If you want to play the levels that come with the Starter Pack to 100% completion, then a 3-pack would be a good idea, since you'll likely have to play through the playset multiple times and being able to play as the sidekicks or the villains will add some variety to the gameplay. Either way, you're going to have fun! ;)

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby TheANvil » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:11 pm

I've had this conundrum myself. In the end I've pre-ordered the 3 pack over another playset. Mostly because I'll be playing with my brother and I needed another one of each of the characters so we had our own characters to use in the playsets.

Plus you'll have your hands full with toybox and the three sets the game comes with.

rank_250
TheANvil
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby mr.incredible125 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:13 pm

rank_100
mr.incredible125

Next

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions