LR Play set or Cars?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

LR Play set or Cars?

Postby FROZOFAN » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:54 pm

I am much more interested in Lone Ranger than cars, however I have a feeling that cars will unlock better things in toy box mode. I have read some things on the forums that suggest LR will unlock things like horses and trains (I want those) but I also have seen that Cars will unlock weapons on mounts and vehicles and I'm guessing will also unlock different types of racing features and tracks. I really don't want to spend the money at launch to get both considering the starter set alone is up there in price so I need some help with the play sets. NOTE: I am not much of a collector and do not plan on buying separate figures to add to any collection, my purchases will be based solely on what options they bring to the toy box so Cars having more characters is not a selling point.

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: LR Play set or Cars?

Postby PirateSteven » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:02 pm

I think you answered your own question when you said that you are much more interested in Lone Ranger than Cars. I say you own up to your own decision and get what you want at launch. You do not need to get everything at launch and can buy the Cars play set after you have unlocked everything in the starter play sets and Lone Ranger play sets.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:20 pm

it depends what you would like to do in the Toy Box ... ride horses or drive cars? ... train tracks or race tracks? ... pistols and tomahawks or C.H.R.O.M.E. weapons and gadgets?

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:58 pm

If you can wait until a few days after launch, I'm sure there'll be threads here detailing the different unlockables people have found in both playsets, which might help you make a more informed decision. If you want to preorder/buy everything on launch day, I agree with PirateSteven that it sounds like you're already leaning towards Lone Ranger. Maybe you could go with that, and then give yourself time to play through the playsets you have and get familiar with the toy box while you save for Cars. :)

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:40 am

Unless you really really like Lone Ranger more than cars, I would go with cars. The figures are cooler, the playset seems cooler and it unlocks more essential stuff for the toy box like racing. But, the Lone Ranger looks very cool as well, and so do the figures.
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Postby Agent C » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:59 am

If it is any consolation, I have the same dilemma. I really hadn't planned on touching the Cars playset. There have been numerous Cars games on each of the systems, but I had read that Cars unlocks racing in the Toy Box mode. That was one of the things I was most looking forward to in Toy Box. If this is true I have to get it.

I do like the Lone Ranger set. I would love to add the Wild West to my Toy Box, and I like the two characters that come with it. Unfortunately, at $40 per set, you have to stop and think about what you want the most. Right now, I think it would be Cars. My deciding factor is the simple fact that the playsets only have around 8 to 10 hours of playtime through the adventure. That really isn't a lot by today's standards. I think I will get more longevity out of the Toy Box stuff in Cars. Maybe, we will see some sort of sale prior to Christmas. I may wait for the Lone Ranger for that. I do like the idea of playing through each of the sets prior to buying the next playset.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby FROZOFAN » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:48 am

I am glad someone is feeling my pain, so many people seemed really excited for cars and I just don't really see the appeal? I think I have decided however I am going to get the LR, my gut tells me that's the one I want. I can justify spending 40$ on something I don't really want yet...

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Charlee » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:45 am

As much as I don't really like cars, I love kart racing games and this will be like it. I am thinking of going to watch Lone Ranger in cine,a then after going into town and buying the playset :).

I'll buy both playsets when I run out of things to do. It's a matter of what you think is better to get first.

Personally I think mine will be

Lone Ranger
Cars
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby CueLannoo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:19 pm

I think the Lone Ranger play set is more geared for me. I like western games and shooters. Albeit this is not a typical shooter I think I will prefer it over cars even though I am getting both.
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions