Do I REALLY need to preorder?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Re: Do I REALLY need to preorder?

Postby Rapunzel. » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:02 pm

The bonus is the only reason I think you should preorder! You save around $18!
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Sully101 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:34 am

I pre orders because the free figure and invade they do sell out because I've been waiting since January 16th
Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind, or forgotten

rank_100
Sully101
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby Hey37Bulldog » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:08 am

I think they'll sell out over the build up to C day but before that, who knows?
"After all, I am You Biggest Fan..."

rank_250
Hey37Bulldog
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby FROZOFAN » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:52 pm

There is just no way it sells out....maybe specific characters, but no way does the starter pack sell out. I never got into skylanders at all, can someone who did or does tell me if ever at any point sold out of starter packs (with the base thing). I know I know, stop comparing them, but in sales terms, the games are similar enough to share the market and one could at least project sales on how a competitor did.

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby axltk421 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:04 pm

The starter pack for Spyros Adventure sold out in Australia for about two weeks and was quickly restocked. Since then, both games for all platforms have been everywhere.
The figures are a different matter though. I have no idea how companies project sales of individual characters (for example, series one Cynder for Spyros Adventure are still available, whereas some of the figures came out and then vanished).
I've pre-ordered all of the figures. I purchased all of the first Spyro figures when they first came out. After Christmas (whilst chatting to friends about how things went), a lot of my friends were annoyed that they had bought a game for their kids and were unable to go into all areas of the game because certain figure types weren't available (and weren't restocked until a good couple of months after Christmas).
It would be an absolute no-brainer to preorder if we, like America, got a free character for doing so! Here in Australia, we get two packs of power discs from EB Games (Australian GameStop) if we preorder or, bizarrely, a not very impressive keying from Toys r Us, or storage bag/box from Target.
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421
Main Console: PS4

Postby Agent C » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:56 am

The go to market for Spyro's Adventure was a little messed up. There were actually plenty of everything for it when it first came out. I had payid better attention to the game so I was able to get anything I wanted. The shortages really occurred with that game in the states when it made it to the most wanted holiday toy list from Toys R Us.

You really never saw the starter packs sell out. As in the previous case. They were quickly restocked. However, a good number of the individual characters were very difficult to find. It is funny that series 1 Cynder was mentioned. It took me forever to find that one along with Wham Shell, but I did find them on the shelf. If you were patient, you didn't have to pay a ton on eBay.

Activision did a better job on Giants. There was plenty of stock available. You had the opportunity to get any character you wanted with the exception of some of the exclusives (Granite Crusher). Again, the initial launch was not the problem. The problem was completing the set. Ninjini was the toughest, and a lot of people still have a problem finding her.

Long story short, if Disney learned anything at all from Activision, it should be product availability. If these playsets adventure mode is only going to sit at 8 to 10 hours, then Toy Box mode is going to be what drives this game. For that to be successful, people are going to have to be able to get their hands on the discs and the figures to have as much creativity at their finger tips. This games success will live or die on user driven content.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby altiareagle » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:09 am

It'd be a good idea. I'm personally committing to preordering so I can get the free figure because its a good deal. Says on GameStop page that figures are extremely limited so I'd do it ASAP.
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.
Main Console: PS3

Postby Bannen » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Like most here, I'd stick with the pre-order. The free figure is worth it alone, not to mention not having to deal with any SOLD OUT situation, should one occur. I've noticed a ton of buzz lately, and lots of articles framing Infinity as one of the big Holiday gifts this year. If that's the case, I'd rather get in the door now than when everyone else decides they need it and all the extras...

rank_0
Bannen
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby FROZOFAN » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Okay so I preordered. I wanted to do it at walmart so I could pick up at midnight, however when I went there, they told me there was no free toy with a preorder as a bonus so I decided to go to toys r us and take advantage of that 20% off coupon. I am dissoaointed by their preorder operation as well however, when you preorder online you can choose which figure you want, but when you preorder in store, you cannot. I have to wait till I pick up the game and hope they have the figure I want. Saturday August 18th at midnight is really going to suck knowing I could have got the game from walmart.

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions