Album vs Album

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Album vs Album

Postby SketchFox7 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:24 am

Ok, so I need some opinions because I've been going back and forth on this one. Which Power Disc Album should I get?

Now there are twenty wave 1 discs and ten TRU "exclusive" disc at launch. Now its all but confirmed that these ten are actually just timed exclusives that will be released throughout waves 2 & 3, BUT it is also implied (by a TRU employee) that the TRU exclusive discs will all be lenticular versions of their wave 2/3 counterparts.

So this is my thinking. If I get the regular album, I'll fill it with the twenty discs and save the ten TRU ones for the wave 2 & wave 3 albums where I'll just have the lenticular versions in the album instead of the regular ones.

On the other side I can get the TRU album and fill it with all 30 and when I get the wave 2 & wave 3 albums I'll fill those up with the regular versions. The drawback of this is that I'll have two of ten different discs but one set would be lenticular so they're not the exact same.

All of this is assuming that TRU (or another retailer) doesn't have something up their sleeves for wave 2 & 3 also.

So what are you guys doing when it comes to the albums?
Regular or TRU???
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Album vs Album

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:27 am

TRU for Wave One, and Regular for the rest. (Assuming there are no more TRU exclusives.)
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Trexroarr » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:30 am

I'm getting the TRU album. It is always better to go for the exclusives if you can.
Collection
68/101 Figures + 13/20 Play Sets + 151/169 Discs = 232/290 Total

rank_250
Trexroarr
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby SketchFox7 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:32 am

That's kind of what I'm leaning towards, I mean I've caved on my crystal stance and will now have a regular & crystal version of the characters who get it (3 versions of Mickey cuz of my D23 Expodition). So why not have a regular & lenticular version of 10 power discs. Have both the regular and lenticular collections instead of choosing one or the other to display.

rank_500
SketchFox7

Postby Nibelilt » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:42 am

Actually, there's no way that all ten are timed exclusives.
There are supposed to be 13 round discs in the 3 series(4 then 5 then 4), and we already know the first 4. But we've also seen more new ones, and the amount they add up to means all five of the round discs getting a regular series release would be impossible.
It's still up in the air about wether part of them would be released later though.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby RapturePanic » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:12 am

Let me say this, if you do not get the exclusive album you will have 10 discs left out in the cold, homeless, until the series 2 and 3 albums come out. I don't think you want that on your conscience.

rank_100
RapturePanic
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby SketchFox7 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:25 am

Well I'm also getting at least one disc capsule for any extra discs without a slot. Actually discs will most likely be going in the capsule first to play with and then when I get a repeat I'll put it in the album, that way the album discs which I'm pretty much using for collection display will be mint and not played with.

rank_500
SketchFox7

Postby RapturePanic » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:38 am

Yeah, that is a pretty good idea. It might be nice to have a pristine album.

rank_100
RapturePanic
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:18 am

If you can wait, maybe it would be worth holding off on buying either album until you've seen the discs for yourself. If the exclusive lenticular discs look too distinct to you and would bother you being mixed in with the albums for waves 2 and 3, go for the TRU album. If you feel happy mixing them up, go for the regular album. If you can't wait, it sounds like you're already leaning towards the TRU album. ;)

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Next

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions