PS, XBox or Regular Wii with this game?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

PS, XBox or Regular Wii with this game?

Postby Nanner » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:46 am

We have a regular Wii (along with an old modded XBox...but that won't work for this)

From what I have read the regular Wii stinks with this game. Something about not being able to have multi-players and ??????

We are sort of...kind of council game people but more PC gaming. My daughter loves the Wii for Mario type things.

Anyway I'm now seriously considering either a PS3 or XBox360. Returning my Wii version. The added plus of being able to play Blu Ray on the PS3 would be nice BUT that's not really my issue. Has the PS3 issue been fixed? Which council is better for playing with friends (online)? Obviously most people are biased by what ever gaming system they have but thought I'd shoot this question out there anyway.

Also if I go with a new system how big do I need to go? GB's?

I'm not really concerned about new things coming out at a later date like the PS4.

I don't want to invest all this money into this game and all it's accessories and have it not work well on the Wii.

Also since I'm new to this type of game can someone please explain to me what "Sandbox" and "drop-in" means? Toy Box?

Thanks!!!
Nanner

Re: PS, XBox or Regular Wii with this game?

Postby TheFlyingDonkey » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:21 am

For online multiplayer, you have to figure out what systems your friends have. You can only multiplayer with people of the same system.

I have the xBox 360 version and so far have only had it freeze the game once, but that was my own fault. My system got really hot due to being in a cabinet. I now play it with it out of the entertainment cabinet and haven't had a problem since.

10/10 Don't recommend the Wii or 3DS versions unless that is the only systems someone owns and doesn't have the ability to upgrade to a beefier system.

With the game and figures being said are future and backwards compatible, I believe the Wii version will get left in the dark for that. From my understanding it doesn't have a way to download a game update like Xboxes and PS3s do. I say upgrade while you can, for investment for future Infinity updates/games/whathaveyou.

rank_100
TheFlyingDonkey
Main Console: PS4

Postby Royi » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:29 am

Ps3 has free online play ( if that's your thing), Xbox has a bit of a better online gaming experience, but for just this game you would be fine with a ps3. I like Xbox better myself, but then again I'm happy to shell out 40 a year for Xbox live.

If it were just for this game and maybe one or two more down the road, either works. I'd get a console with at least 100gb or so too. For Xbox I know you can just buy the 200 dollar model and then a generic hard drive off Amazon or eBay for about 40 bucks

rank_50
Royi

Postby MechaSanta » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:17 pm

If you don't own a XB360 or PS3 yet, I would wait. The Wii-version is really bad, which is kinda natural as the Wii is much weaker than the PS3 and XB360. The reason I would wait is because the PS4 is out in November, and the XBone just around the corner (2014 in Europe, probably November the rest of the world.) You could get one of those consoles instead of the PS360, or at least wait until they are released and get a much cheaper PS360.

Alternatively, get a Wii U. If your daughter loves Mario, it's a nice investment. It has some rather interesting new games (Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3, for instance), and many new multiplatformers are on Wii U as well. Besides, the Wii U already has New Super Mario Bros U, and Super Mario 3D World should be out soon. Both exclusive to Wii U. :)

(there's also Super Luigi U, a stand-alone expansion to NSMBU. But keep in mind it takes difficult to a whole new level.) ;)
MechaSanta
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:31 pm

^ do not wait for the next gen consoles. Disney Infinity 1 will not be playable on the PS4 or xbone ... get a PS3 ;)

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Agent C » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:17 pm

I have the Ps3 and the Wii U. I picked Infinity up for the Wii U. I is the latest generation and it just seemed tome Nintendo was pushing Infinity pretty hard. Plus, I can still play all of my Wii games on it which is something wou can't do on the upcoming systems from Microsoft and Sony. This did not help me, but they are dropping the price of the Wii U by $50 on September 20, and they announced a Wind Waker HD Bundle at that price.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:30 pm

I have the game on my brother's XBox360 and it's only froze on me once, but I prefer playstation. Like someone said before, online play on PS3 is free. I think the PS is just a better system all around, but if your daughter likes playing Wii games maybe you should think about getting Wii U.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Jazz820 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:47 am

I have the Wii version and LOVE IT!!!! But I am the only one playing it, I'll get a Wii U sometime and get disney infinity 2 on that

rank_1250
Jazz820
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions