Help me choose

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Help me choose

Postby Imagination » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:53 pm

Last week I bought Disney Infinity for the Wii, but I don't like the Wii version so much (mainly because of the bad graphics and no internet).

I was planning to buy a new console, and now with Disney infinity I really want a new one.

Which one should you guys recommend, the PS3 version or the Xbox360?
(and should I buy it now or wait when the new Playstation and Xbox will release, will there be a price drop?)

And can I buy the game disc without the reader and 3 starter figures? (Think not but who knows)

rank_0
Imagination
Main Console: PS4

Re: Help me choose

Postby MightyGitis » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:04 pm

Right now you can not just buy the disk by itself though I suspect in future possibly. I know that the pad you have can be used for PS3 but that XBox ONLY takes the XBox one.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Daan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:24 pm

You should wait for a while and then buy PS4 or Xbox One, i could pre-order them already in Holland so they will come to US for sure. Just be happy with your Wii till Wave 2 and then buy Next-Gen-Console with that version, you can keep your power discs and characters

rank_250
Daan
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Imagination » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:58 am

^ I think I'm gonna do that. I'm from Holland too so I will pre-order it soon. But did Disney confirm that there will be a PS4 version of Disney infinity?

rank_0
Imagination

Postby Daan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:33 am

I dont know but i saw them at the Intertoys or Bart Smit Website so i think yes :D

rank_250
Daan
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:53 am

it has been noted many times already on these forums that this version of Disney Infinity WILL NOT function on the PS4 or xbone

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Imagination » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:44 am

But who knows if there will be a new Disney infinity for the new generation. So far as I know they didn't say that they are not making a new version for the new generation. so who knows.

Daan ik had ook gezien dat Disney infinity voor de Playstation4 op de intertoys site stond, wel een beetje raar omdat Disney infinity daar nog niks over heeft bevestigd maar zou zeker mooi zijn. ( om het even in het nederlands te houden haha)

rank_0
Imagination

Postby Kelleytoons » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Who knows? is the operative phrase here. Look, there is enough trouble for them to get the iPad app out (the one they thought was coming in August). And right now I'll tell you categorically that despite rumors there is no way the PC version will be released in October (MAYBE before the end of the year if they are lucky).

Next gen version? Perhaps a year or two from now, if you're lucky. They have invested close to 100 million in this version, and while they are almost certainly investigating (and even programming) for the next gen consoles I would not hold my breath that you will see any such version before 2015 at the earliest.

However, if you are fine with that then don't worry. Just enjoy what you have now, choose your new console based on what it offers when they are released but not on any promise of anything for the future. While I like my XBox right now better than my PS3, just based on what I've seen so far I'm leaning towards the new Playstation but even there I'd wait at least 8 months (or more) to see how it shakes down and stabilizes. Patience, grasshopper.

rank_250
Kelleytoons

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:13 pm

Based on current content, seen in the game code, figures shown, it'll require a download update or a new game disc for more figures/Playsets.

They want to add more figures and Playsets, it's where they continue to rack in the money.

Therefore most believe they'll be Disney Infinity 2 summer next year or at least a new content disc/expansion set.

Given PS4 and Xbox One will be long established then, I expect special starter packs for PS4 and Xbox One will be released at the same time which also include the new expansion and give them the excuse to charge more which everyone who owns one of the new consoles will be wanting to expand their library of games.
Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions