What character is worth getting?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

What character is worth getting?

Postby PixarToonie » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:18 am

I am definetly going to get the starter pack (obviously) and a playset with a figure, which ones would you recomend I get first?
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Re: What character is worth getting?

Postby Kelleytoons » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:54 am

You mean an extra playset? Or do you just mean you're going to buy an additional figure for use with the playsets that come with the starter pack?

If an extra playset, then I'd ask if you like racing a LOT. If so, then Cars. If not, then Lone Ranger (which is by far my favorite playset out of all of them, including the starter pack). Cars is ONLY racing, but there are many who really like that (I kind of hate it).

And the extra figure for using with the starter pack really depends on what characters you like and if you want to play one of the playsets in two player mode. The latter will require a character from that playset, so if you envision wanting to play Pirates with a buddy you'll need another pirate (like Barbarossa). For just figures on their own they all have slightly different abilities (a lot of folks like Violet since she can turn invisible -- I find it a "meh" sort of thing).

rank_250
Kelleytoons
Main Console: PS4

Postby Hellliddell » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:55 am

In terms of playsets, I would recommend getting the Lone Ranger set, as it is hailed as the best playset in wave 1. For a single pack character, I recommend Violet, as she can project force fields and turn invisible. Hope this was helpful!
It all begins with a story...

rank_0
Hellliddell

Postby MechaSanta » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:17 pm

Actually, there's a lot more to the Cars playset than racing. Or do you consider driving a car racing, just because it's a car? There are tons of missions where you need to find stuff all over, and several where you pull off stunts. The actual 'racing' missions are the minority, to my experience. I enjoy this playset a lot more than I thought, but haven't used the characters at all in the toybox yet. Then again, I'm considering making adventure-toyboxes specifically for them.

As for Lone Ranger, I think this has some interesting set-pieces for use in the toybox, but the adventure itself bored me. I still haven't finished it, actually. (and I finished Monsters Inc in one sitting, thought it was mostly because I was so freain' annoyed by that guy telling me what to do *all the freakin' time*. Make of that what you will.)

Also keep in mind Toy Story In Space is out in a month or so. The starter pack and toy box might last until then, especially if you don't play often or find yourself playing other games too a lot.

That leaves us with figures. Which ones to get? That's easy: Get the ones you want. All of them are optional, and none of them brings anything useful to the game. Oh, sure, you can get Mrs Incredible's Elasti-hand and Violet's Invisibility as tools, but neither are worth the price of a figure. So if there is a charater you really like, get it. If not, just save your money for the next playsets.
MechaSanta
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Samurai » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:30 pm

If you plan on playing local multiplayer than get the sidekicks pack as it gives you a figure for each starter playset. If you plan on getting the villains pack at any point then get the figures that only come in singles, like Dash and Mater... Violet is coming in the girl power 3 pack at some point.

rank_50
Samurai
NN ID:

Postby Kohdok » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Yeah, Violet is coming out in the Girl-Power 3-pack later, but I find that she has both better Power and Range than Mr. incredible. She's actually pretty O.P. when you combine that with her invisibility. Crystal McQueen is fun, too if you can find him; he has four boost bars rather than the usual three.

But, as has been said before, additional characters unlock little more than multiplayer.
Kohdok

Postby wreckitsugarsweet101 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:08 pm

wreck it ralph and vallope :D :D :D :D :D

rank_100
wreckitsugarsweet101

Postby Sandman77 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:41 pm

Lone ranger that good?
- Sandman77
-------------------------
" Yes, I Am Dream "
Sandman77
NN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:34 pm

I suggest the Cars playset and the free figure is up to you. Though if you want recommendations, my picks are Violet and Mater. :)
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Next

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions