Crystal Figures

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Crystal Figures

Postby BuccoFan89 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:40 pm

I haven't played the game yet, even though I have collected every character so far. (Saving it for Christmas for the kids.)

I have the Crystal Lightning McQueen, but I am not sure if I want to go down the road of collecting all of the future crystal versions. I know that the Crystal McQueen has extra power, or something like that. However, I was was wondering if there are different challenges for the regular McQueen. In other words, do I still need to use the regular McQueen to unlock all of the challenges/missions/whatever in the Cars Playset? Or can that be done with the Crystal version? Or, are there separate challenges in the playset for the Crystal version?

I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to collect the crystal versions or not. I have already decided I am not going to bother collecting all of the discs, as I don't think that stuff will hold my kids' attention and what can be unlocked in the toybox will be more than enough. I am more willing to collect the crystal figures if there is a difference in the play. I am starting to wonder if it is worth it to collect the crystals if all it does is the same gameplay, with just a little more juice. My kids won't care about that extra juice...but if there are different gameplay scenarios, then I would be more interested. If these Crystal versions are just another money grab aimed at collectors, I am not sure if that will be enough to keep me invested in those versions.

I am aware of the Hall of Heros and how they can be added to that. And the collector in me does like that...but I am not sure I want to duplicate figures to have to store just for the sake of collecting. I won't buy them to just sit in a package collecting dust to sell later. I only want toys that I (and the kids) will actually play with.

I hope that all makes sense. And I would like to know prior to the next wave of crystals, since I can't really play the game until after Christmas and then they would be harder to find.
BuccoFan89

Re: Crystal Figures

Postby maximumzero » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:54 pm

There are no separate challenges or missions for the Crystal Lightning McQueen. I'm unsure if the Crystal McQueen can open the vaults in the Cars playset, though I would be surprised if he couldn't.

He operates just like the standard figure does, though he supposedly sports bonus health and gains experience quicker, though I can't confirm that part because I only got him up to level 1 for him to appear in my Hall of Heroes.

If you're not interested in playing collector, I personally believe there isn't enough difference with the crystal figures in-game to warrant their purchase.

rank_100
maximumzero
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:58 pm

From what I can remember, the Crystal version of Lightning McQueen will still be the same for the missions and all that. The only difference is the powers I heard. Go to this link here if you want some other answers. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/695534-disney-infinity/67010211

Though if you're into collecting stuff along with the Crystal versions of some characters, go for it. Though if you just want the figures that is not exclusive, then just stick with buying the figures without going to stores like Toys R Us to do that.
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby bwguinig » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Does he appear in game differently?

rank_0
bwguinig
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Dangow » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:46 pm

^Yes, he appears as a crystal version of it. His statue in the Hall of Heroes appears as an extra and special statue as well. ;)
DISCLAIMER: Posts do not reflect the opinions of my employer.

Mickey
Dangow
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby packetloss » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:55 am

Crystal Lightning McQueen rocks.

He looks as different on screen as he does as a toy and as stated above he gets his own spot out front of the Hall of Heroes all shiny and crystalized in the sun.
Disney Infinity ID approved - packetloss on disneyinfinity.com

rank_0
packetloss

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions