PS3 Version, the way to go?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Postby DeadPixel » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:05 am

I have been visiting the forum for the last few months and I registered just to ask you this simple question considering that I'm finally joining the Disney Infinity crazyness.

I'm finally getting the game tomorrow along with the sidekicks three-pack so I can play split-screen with my girlfriend, tough my main concern is which version should I buy.
I have a Wii, PS3 and 360. I know that the Wii version is the worst one because of the limitations of Nintendo's console, and my main problem is that my Xbox 360 doesn't have anymore free Hard drive space, and sincerely buying a new HD in the verge of this generation's ending is just dumb. Now, I've been reading about all the PS3 version problems and I'm not sure if it's the right way to go.

¡¿Should I buy the PS3 version or delete some of my 360 game saves?! Help me guys.

Also ¿Can you play with two active profiles on the PS3 in Split Screen? that's a common problem with the console and I'd like that both me and my gf would be able to unlock some trophies while we play the game.

rank_0
DeadPixel
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby walt_disnae » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:23 am

Use a USB drive or external drive for your Xbox 360. It will give you more space but won't leave you with a drive that's limited to your Xbox this late in the generation :)

Edit: what size drive do you have on your Xbox? Is it just got game saves or full of arcade trial games that I never ended up buying lol. I deleted 30gb worth yesterday to free space for GTA.

Edit again: Here's how to do use a drive with your Xbox if you're unsure how. http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/ ... lash-drive
walt_disnae
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Re: PS3 Version, the way to go?

Postby Hellliddell » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:46 am

I would recommend you buy the Xbox version of the game and delete some files. This is because the PS3 version of the game has a pretty bad bug that erased saved data. Even though a patch has been created, I still wouldn't take the chance. I got the Xbox version two weeks ago and it does not disappoint! Other than that, can you keep us updated on your Infinity adventures? I would love to know! :) Welcome to the Infinity club, DeadPixel!
It all begins with a story...

rank_0
Hellliddell

Postby jdbloom » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:37 pm

^I have been running the game since launch and have had no such save bug wiping issue.

rank_250
jdbloom
PSN ID:

Postby DeadPixel » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:38 pm

I Think I'm going with the 360 version. Even though, any info on the two active profiles in the PS3?

rank_0
DeadPixel
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:21 pm

My boyfriend and I use two profiles on the same PS3. But HE hasn't played enough for me to answer about trophies. I do know his figurine comes in as a guest in my game as he earns levels that stay with his figure when he returns to playing on his profile. This actually works cross platform. I can take my figure and play it on someone's 360 with them and my leveling stays with the figure.

And yes the first 24 hours on PS3 was a mess due to a glitch but since then I have had no problems. I picked PS3 over 360 because I didn't want to have to pay for a Gold account to play online. In fact that's why I do a lot of things on PS3 instead of 360.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby DeadPixel » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:36 am

Thanks for your advice, guys, I ended up buying the PS3 starter pack, along 3 power disc bags (no doubles thank God) and the sidekicks pack in the GTAV Madness. Pretty funny. I'm still getting the ownership option, but as now I'm pretty sure you can only play with one profile at a time on the PlayStation 3

rank_0
DeadPixel
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions