Help! I'm losing interest!

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Re: Looking for Reasons to continue going forward

Postby Nibelilt » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:40 am

@ntnon Well, yeah, I'm glad to see we can just agree to disagree. :P
I have to agree with the storymaking in Infinity part, I think that's something you have to fill in with your imagination- not just with Infinity, but sandbox games in general, even the same world will give each player a unique feeling they can tell.
But I don't really have more to add that isn't me going in circles, so I'll just cut it here.

@sdp4life Games as stories is actually quite an interesting argument. Game stories just aren't on par with movies, since they're trying to do the same thing, without actually taking advantage of the advantages that games have alongside it. I read this in an article in Gameinformer: games are trying to tell us stories, but what they should do is bring us into the story, make us feel like we are the main protagonist, or whoever we're playing as. Games with Excuse Plots often have more interesting stories to me for that reason, since everything is so vaguely adventurous you can imagine you're the character. Alas, that's another argument entirely, and I don't want to derail this topic.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: Help! I'm losing interest!

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:19 am

This topic has gone a complete circle. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they don't spread it as a truth.

Anyway Topic Locked
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight
Main Console: Wii U

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions