Powerdiscs - What to keep and what to trade?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Powerdiscs - What to keep and what to trade?

Postby JoshFink » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Forgive me if this is an extreme noob question or if it has been answered already please point me to it.

I've gotten the game for my kids and they love it. We have a bunch of powerdiscs and some duplicates that I know they could probably trade with their friends.

Some questions though:

1. Are any of these more rare than others or are they all about the same?
2. Is there a reason to keep multiples of one or is one enough to keep?
3. Are the ones with the holograms any better than the other ones? Should we keep them because they they have the hologram?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but these are good for now.

Thanks for the help

Josh

rank_0
JoshFink
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby MightyGitis » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:47 pm

1. Orange rimmed discs are rare.

2. I kept two of every round disc in case two people are playing and both want to use the same discs under their characters.

3. I'm confused by this question. I'm THINKING by texture you are referring to the holographic sticker on the orange rare discs? It's confusing to use the word texture here because in Disney Infinity texture discs are the discs that unlock different styles for your terrain.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Powerdiscs - What to keep and what to trade?

Postby JoshFink » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Thanks for the reply. I edited the post to say Hologram instead of texture.

So, are the orange ones that much harder to find? Do each of the power discs come in a "rare" version as well?

Thanks

Josh

rank_0
JoshFink

Postby MightyGitis » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:28 pm

There are three rares in each wave of 20 discs. They were so hard for me to find I bought them on eBay if that tells you anything. Normal discs do not become rares later or vice versa.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JoshFink » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Thanks for the help.

Of the non-rares are there any more rare than others. I mean were they all printed about the same or were some left in limited supply?

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Josh

rank_0
JoshFink

Postby packetloss » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:40 am

1. Are any of these more rare than others or are they all about the same?
Series 1 Discs 18, 19, and 20 are classified as Rare by Disney. What Rare means is the plastic is the color of the type of disc and the picture is Linticular Printed. In my research and from all of the stories I have been told the print count of these Rare discs are no rarer then any other disc. The sacristy of these discs is solely attributed to the fact that one can 'feel' for them through the packs in store. Reported evidence dictates that a box of discs packs (24) always contains one of each Rare disc and usually a full set, which further points to the fact that each disc has the same print count. <this data is just my findings and that which I have been told or read from others>

2. Is there a reason to keep multiples of one or is one enough to keep?
Yes: You can use 4 circle discs 2 for each character slot and 3 hex discs on the portal/pad at the same time. This is of course if you are playing hotseat 2 player if single player then you would only ever use 2 circles.

Duplicates are useful for all circle discs x2 for single player and x4 for hotseat 2 player. Hex discs 'Mounts' could be useful up to 3. 1 for yourself and 2 for your friends in either hotseat or multiplayer online.

Hex Texture and Dome discs you only ever need one of for playing perspective. Hex tools are the same only one required and stacking them gains you nothing.

3. Are the ones with the holograms any better than the other ones? Should we keep them because they they have the hologram?

They are not better from an in game perspective. They are colored (look better) and are Linticular Printed (cooler picture aka holographic / animated). if you want to keep them from a collectors perspective sure but from a playability standpoint they are no different. This is shown in the Toys R US exclusive discs which are printed and colored this way however those same discs will be released in the upcoming series as clear regular printed and should function the exact same.

Can you and should you use the 'Rare' status when selling trading? YES

I hope this helps.
Disney Infinity ID approved - packetloss on disneyinfinity.com

rank_0
packetloss

Postby Nibelilt » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:53 am

I'd just like to clarify Question 2 further:
Yes, if you want to get the most out of your game. Round discs' powers "double up" if you have two of the same one on the base. Having two Bolt's Super Strengths on one character will amplify the effect beyond the 10%. If you want to have two discs for each player to completely maximise the effect on both of you, get 4 of every round disc.

I'm not sure how hex discs would be good for you since I haven't played outside of single player, but it might be good to get two of every mount, because I believe they're supposed to summon one mount each. So you'd, theoretically, need two mount discs for each player to use that mount at the same time. You can buy a third set for online three or four player if you wish as well. Don't bother getting more than one of a terrain disc or hex tool because those are universal.

Just reiterating what @packetloss said, but hopefully to make it a bit more clear as well.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby PirateSteven » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:53 am

^One hexagonal disc will summon the toy for both players in the toy box. (Ex: Put Mike's New Car on the base, a Mike's New Car vehicle will appear on both sides of the split screen.). So you only need one each of the hexagonal discs.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby JoshFink » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Fantastic, thanks for all the help. This makes perfect sense now.

rank_0
JoshFink

Next

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions