Should I level all of my characters in 1.0?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Should I level all of my characters in 1.0?

Postby braiko » Fri May 09, 2014 11:30 am

With the final additions of Phineas and Agent P, what should I be doing with all of my characters? This question has several layers but the main point is:

Q: Should I be levelling up all of my characters in DI 1.0?

My highest level character is only level 9, and several of my toy box only characters are less than level 5. There has been ZERO compelling reason to level them up further (have already unlocked all of the spins). With the advent of DI 2.0 and ability/tech tree upgrades (hopefully applying to the 1.0 characters as well, at least to some degree), perhaps there may now be a rewarding reason for characters to level up. As such, should I begin to level up all of my characters in 1.0 in anticipation? With the large number of characters, it would probably help to have pre-levelled at least some of them to get quick upgrades or it may take quite some time to unlock everything once 2.0 comes out. Particularly if there's juicy upgrades beyond level 15. The downside of this is twofold; first, the characters won't 'grow' with the pre-level-15 upgrades- they will suddenly have everything unlocked at once and be instantly finished (assuming you can do all your ability unlocks retrospectively at level 15). Secondly, levelling in DI 1.0 seems like a real grind, I'm not sure the most fun way to do it? Where have you all done your levelling, is it worth doing it in 1.0 or should I wait for 2.0 where there'll be dungeon crawlers and tower defense etc as enjoyable exp gainers (plus perhaps more spins to unlock)??
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Re: Should I level all of my characters in 1.0?

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri May 09, 2014 11:38 am

use the fan to level up without effort. level 15 gives you all of the gold statues in the hall of heroes ... and who doesn't like shiny things :D

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Fri May 09, 2014 11:49 am

I don't when its cheating ^

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon

Postby braiko » Fri May 09, 2014 11:58 am

I'm all for shiny things, but I also want a reason to get all my characters out and enjoy the game. Hovering over a fan for around 10 levels a character over 29 characters still sounds grindy, even if it's fast.
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
XBL ID:

Postby bloxxerman » Fri May 09, 2014 12:05 pm

You don't have to be there. I just shove a book on my controller and do something else.
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:33 pm

@shifty that's debatable, I would not be surprised if they put the fan "trick" in the game on purpose for a better way of leveling up the characters. It would take multiple playthroughs of all the playsets or hundereds of hours in the toy box to complete "legit" and even then I doubt anyone would bother with every figure including crystals. I personally use the fan method on all the figures once there respective playsets and adventures are fully complete, because we probably wont be using them again for 1.0. I'm yet to start any toybox only figs.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri May 09, 2014 12:44 pm

there was an infinite spins possibility that was patched out. if there was an issue with using the fan to level up, it too would have been patched.

there aren't enough toys in the vault to justify grinding to level up. since emptying the vault and leveling to get the gold statues i have close to 500 extra spins.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri May 09, 2014 3:39 pm

I cleared the Vault by being tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties, and I did it square! No fan tricks or infinite spins.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Fri May 09, 2014 3:44 pm

I haven't used the fan trick and most of my guys are silver or above

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon

Next

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions