Recommended console?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Recommended console?

Postby Kaytiecorn » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:31 pm

I already own all on the consoles that Disney Infinity is available on, but I'm indecisive on which console to purchase it for. Graphics aren't all that important, I'm more concerned about the overall experience. I would primarily be playing,but I would also like to play two player with my boyfriend when we want to play together. We pay for Xbox whether or not we get this game, so paying for online wouldn't be a deal breaker. He's getting it for my birthday this Thursday, so I would like to know what you guys recommend? :)

rank_0
Kaytiecorn
Main Console: PS3

Re: Recommended console?

Postby Randall Boggs » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:36 pm

It really depends on how many friends you have that play each console. Let's say you have tons of friends that have a PS3, get the PS3 version. If you don't really have too many... Nevermind. If none of that matters, I'd say Wii U because of it's off-TV compatibility.
SSB Mewtwo Launch Party!
Click the globe icon to join!

rank_1500
Randall Boggs
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:45 pm

I completely agree with Randall. I play on the Wii U and I love it. Playing with the gamepad is awesome. You can look at all your toys and packs and tools on the gamepad and it's nice to be able to play on the gamepad. I use the gamepad when my family wants to watch TV.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:04 pm

If you do not think that you will play online then the Wii U version has everything the others have plus the added convenience of the gamepad features.

If however you do intend to play online then pick the one that has your most friends on.
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight
Main Console: Wii U

Postby g_huschke » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:19 pm

I recently upgraded to the Wii U and love it. I don't really have the need to play online so that's not a problem for me. I am a little curious what the experience will be like when Infinity 2.0 comes out and I try to play user generated toy boxes that were created on a PS4 or XBox 1. As I understand it, the graphics may suffer a little, but we'll see.

rank_0
g_huschke

Postby SketchFox7 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:47 pm

Definitely Wii U, it's great having the gamepad to supplement the experience or to play on off-TV. Also DI just feels at home on a Nintendo console, lol.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:52 pm

Also it's nice to Miiverse to take screenshots.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Kaytiecorn » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:56 pm

Has anyone had any experience with two player local on the wii U? The only games we have really played were mini games in nintendoland and we didn't like using the wii remotes for two payer, or how the view on the game pad would get all wobbly if we moved too far over to the side. We have two ps3's and 360's set up in the living room totwo different tvs, so somebody wanting to watch tv or play a game wouldn't interfere with the other. I`m the only one out myfriends that would have disney infinity, so my friendlist wouldn`t be a deciding factor either.

rank_0
Kaytiecorn

Postby PirateSteven » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:20 pm

Sony fanboy here, and I am going to put in a vote for the PS3. Although you will want to upgrade to ps4 for 2.0.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions