Ps4 or Wii U 2.0

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Re: Ps4 or Wii U 2.0

Postby megadrive2 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:47 pm

I would also go with the Wii U, although im getting the PS4 collectors version as well I prefer the experience of playing the game on the Wii U, I'm not yet convinced the two version will be wildly different especially considering the higher cost.
On a side note I want to know if PS TV is worth it if I already own a Vita, from what I can tell the vita itself should really be capable of performing the same function, considering the psp could connect up to a television.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Sheriff Woody » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:58 pm

^ PSTV will allow you to play the PS4 remotely on another TV other than the one it is physically connected to.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby mr.incredible125 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Okay, new question. If it wasn't for the Gamepad, would you still get the Wii U version or the Ps4?

rank_100
mr.incredible125
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby megadrive2 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:08 am

@ Sheriff Woody So I guess it's down to whether id rather play the ps4 on another tv or stick with the vita's screen for streaming. It's a shame you cant just reverse the process and play Vita games via the PS4 on the big screen, just seems a little greedy to put out a third device when they really could have integrated all these features into the two systems they already have. Hopefully they are not doing a Sega and confusing customers with too much product. I will keep an eye on it though as I'm still interested.
@mr.incredible125 Whilst the Gamepad is a very big draw for using the Wii U, both the integrated toybox features and quick select options and the off-tv play have become essential gameplay options. There are however many other reasons for using my Wii U over my PS4 for the majority of Disney Infinity gaming. One of the most overlooked being the economic power consumption of the Wii U, if cost is a deciding factor then this is an important detail, you only pay for the cost of the game once but if you are a heavy game console user like me then this can have a big effect on your utilities bill. Here in the U.K especially bills for gas/electric are constantly on the rise.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2

Postby rogpalmeruk » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:01 pm

As a PS4 owner, I'm going for the PS4 version obviously :-).... Without ever using a Wii U, I can't comment on how easy the gamepad is.... if you have both consoles, an alternative method could be to buy the Wii U version, then if you got the digital download version on the PS4, you'd have the playset, figures etc.. you could use either console...

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm going for Xbone I think. That way I can (hopefully) transfer over my 360 data. I was planning on going Wii U but they're classing it alongside ps3 / 360 as the cheaper 'inferior' version so no point

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon

Postby mr.incredible125 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:11 pm

@rogpalmer I think you mean get the Ps4 version, and the Wii U digital download, because I believe JV said the next-gen consoles will not be getting digital downloads.

rank_100
mr.incredible125

Postby fdanielix » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Honestly, I think the WiiU is better than PS4 when it comes to DI. I have both consoles and I can tell you I couldn't (or want to) play DI in any other console than the WiiU, Its extremely comfortable, it makes building easy-er, and the gamepad is great. Sure, having a bigger toybox on the PS4 is nice, but taking 2x the time it would take to do a regular sized toybox in the WiiU is the dealbreaker. + Amazon has a pretty good deal on DI 2.0 that is exclusive to all consoles except for the Wii U.
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby mr.incredible125 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:36 pm

Update: I'm getting the Ps4 version on Tuesday. For those who already have the ps4 version, how are the menus, and how are the controls? ;)

rank_100
mr.incredible125

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions