2.0 for PS3 or Buy PS4 and go next gen?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

2.0 for PS3 or Buy PS4 and go next gen?

Postby cisman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:47 pm

The obvious answer would be to buy the latest and greatest. Here's where I'm wondering.

1. Infinity is mostly played today on the PS3 by my kids. I don't really play many console games anymore. If I have time to game it's usually on the iPad or PC.
2. Infinity and a few other games are mostly what is played on the PS3.
3. BIG ONE: I'm not wanted to pay the yearly fee for Plus. Will that keep infinity from working? Downloading Toy boxes etc?

I could probably sell all our PS3 stuff and have enough to buy a new PS4, but I'm wondering if that's going to be worth it and more expensive down the road.

rank_0
cisman
Main Console: PS3

Re: 2.0 for PS3 or Buy PS4 and go next gen?

Postby InfiniBox » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:09 pm

How important is it to you to have the biggest amount of room to play with in the Toy Box? It's going to be a lot bigger on the PS4, so fewer limits.

Using XBox Live and 1.0 as an example, I'm pretty sure you only need PS+ for playing with other people online, you should still be able to download from the Toy Box share.

If you can afford a PS4 by selling your PS3, and won't miss said PS3, I'd say there no reason not to upgrade.
My new DI 2.0 Toy Box Build YouTube Channel:
http://goo.gl/BTxu1b

rank_250
InfiniBox
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: 2.0 for PS3 or Buy PS4 and go next gen?

Postby FROZOFAN » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:21 pm

You are going to get the most money for your ps3 before this coming holiday season because that's when you will start to see next gen bundles and discounts. Once ps4 and x1 become the "norm", older systems value will decrease significantly. If you won't miss the ps3 I think upgrading sooner rather than later would be the best option. However, you won't be able to play the old playsets on ps4 unless they come out with a digital download for 1.0 as 1.0 never came to ps4 and you need that disc for that content.

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions