From Xbox to PS for 2.0?

if you are thinking of doing something and would like the opinions of others

Re: From Xbox to PS for 2.0?

Postby Infinityfan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:34 am

Xbox 1 is fun, but i may be getting a PS4 at my Nans! :D Not many people on here have Xbox Ones and will play 2.0, theres not much difference tbh. Get Xbox 1 please ;) :D

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Miek » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Last gen I was a 360 gamer but decided that the Xbox One wasn't for me and ended up getting a PS4. Haven't regretted it once. The main selling point for me was exclusives. Having played solely on 360 I eventually got tired of Halo, Fable, Gears etc. but the likes of Uncharted, Infamous, LittleBigPlanet etc. were still new to me. When the Master Chief collection got announced rather than being excited it just made me think "so your reason for me to buy an xbox one is 4 Halo games I already played to death years ago?". I want new experiences and so far the PS4 has delivered.

Another awesome thing is console interactivity, the playstation ecosystem really encourages you to invest in the trinity of PS3/PS4/Vita. Between cross buy, remote play and PS+ there's multiple awesome benefits to having multiple Playstation systems. And with DI2.0 eyeing up a Vita release I can't wait to see what the handheld version has in store.

At the end of the day though it's the games rather than the machines that matter. If you've been an Xbox gamer throughout the entire of last gen I'd urge you to give the PS exclusives a good look in to see what you're missing out on, but if you're still in love with the Xbox exclusives than an Xbox is fine too. Multiplatform games will go back and forth between having exclusive content for Xbox or PS4 and eventually the mild gap in performance will be bridged as developers get used to making games on the new systems. So the only real difference between the two will be first party exclusive games.

rank_0
Miek
Main Console: PS4

Postby Elmo STM » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:11 pm

I'm still in 2 minds, I prefer the Xbox ui and controller (but with the likes of chronus max I can use the Xbox controller on the ps4 anyway). I'll be grabbing 2.0 for the 360 for the time being and decide after Christmas which next gen to go for

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfiniBox » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:23 am

Have you used the PS4 controller, Elmo STM? I'm a big fan of the XBox360 controller. It fits in my hand perfectly and just feels great. I hated the PS3 controller because it felt too small and the analog sticks were a struggle to reach. The PS4 controller on the other hand feels fantastic. It fits like a glove like the 360 but it's also lighter. I love it. The PS4 UI is also far faster and streamlined than the PS3, and with recently announced UI updates it's only going to get better. My transition from the 360 to the PS4 was really easy.
My new DI 2.0 Toy Box Build YouTube Channel:
http://goo.gl/BTxu1b

rank_250
InfiniBox
PSN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:00 am

Haven't tried it yet, will try one of my mates to see how it feels. Can't wait for next gen 2.0

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:52 pm

Im looking at the games for PS. Uncharted does look awesome. Would i miss out though since the first 3 where on PS3?

Also im going to go in and play a PS4 at Best buy or something this week. Going to make my decision soon. Leaning toward PS4 now.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Quasimod0 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:26 am

The PS4 controller is great. I've had my system for a few months. Haven't regretted it one bit. I came over from having a 360.

rank_500
Quasimod0
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity what would you do questions