ToysRus Trading Event Saturday

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: ToysRus Trading Event Saturday

Postby DipperPines18 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Well, I FOR ONE got lucky. Only 1 family was there, but I was able to get Spider Copter, Spider Bike, and the Spider ATV, for a conderman glider, walle texture, and frankenweenie texture. I also got 3 power disc packs for 10 bucks. Got Gamora and Cap costume, star lord sky and terrain, Ant Man team up, and Hulk terrain. :D
"Reality is an Illusion, The Universe is a hologram,"-Bill Cipher

rank_100
DipperPines18
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby Martinator » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 am

I liked this event on facebook and everyone was saying the same thing about no one showing up. When I started seeing these comments I skipped it and finished watching the Georgia - Tennessee game. Go Dawgs! OK, back on track... there were so many people that were disappointed in the poor turnouts everywhere they started posting pics of the discs they had duplicates and listed what they wanted. There are quite a few people posting now in case anyone wants to check it out. Not trying to pull people from any trading on this website, just giving more options if you don't find what you like here. Big fan of trading, not so much on the blind packs. I have to admit that is a pretty smart way to do but it hurts my wallet everytime!

rank_50
Martinator
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Dexter26 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 pm

My wife and I were also disappointed in the lack of advertising and poor turn out for this event. We went to 3 local TRU stores, and here are the results.

1st store.
Got there 10 minutes early, and the event wasn't even set-up yet. The store employee opened 3 packs, and there were 3 that we needed. We only traded 2 with the store cause another family showed up and their little girl wanted the other one. We ended up giving them 4 other discs that they needed for their collection, (what was I going to do with 4 Avenjets, lol).

2nd store.
They were set-up, but no one was there and the store never got a shipment of power discs, (didn't even have any at launch). The employee said there was one other guy there, but he left 10 minutes before we arrived.

3rd store.
They didn't have anything set-up cause last years event had a poor turn out. MY wife, stubborn as she is, explained to them that the store was supposed to open 3 packs for trade and we didn't drive out here for nothing. The employee she talked to opened 3 packs and we ended up getting two more that we didn't have.

Apparently the event was great in Texas and New Jersey. We ended up getting on the one Facebook trading site to get the rest of the discs we were missing for the set.
Also have to give it up to CueLannoo for trading to get the last disc we need for our set. Thanks Bro!!

All in all I think TRU's advertising and promotion for this event was very poor. It seems like the local stores we went to had no idea what to do, or didn't care.
Everyone can relax...Dexter has returned!!
Twitter: @Crone26

rank_250
Dexter26

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales