3DS Starter Pack - $17.99 at Best buy

retail availability, prices and special offers

3DS Starter Pack - $17.99 at Best buy

Postby pjhaan » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:24 pm

3DS Starter Pack @Best Buy

Does anyone have this? Is it worth the money if you already have the full version for Wii U?

EDIT: After searching Amazon, that is their price too so it may not be that great a find. Still curious about the gameplay though.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: 3DS Starter Pack - $17.99 at Best buy

Postby julianhilluk » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:41 am

It's terrible to be honest. Nothing but Mini games where there seems to be a random chance of winning. A cheap way to get the 1.0 starter characters and playset though

rank_50
julianhilluk
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby pjhaan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks! I already have all the 1.0 and 2.0 characters. I thought about it with the resale of figures for $6 each to make my money back...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PerryTheMonkey » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:02 am

It is a good and bad game depending on how you look at it. When I first got it, I was so excited because Infinity looked so awesome but with a family, my gaming time on a tv is hard to find, so building the worlds in the toybox on my DS was exciting. When I played it, that is not what I found and put it away after playing an hour for a few months.
I tried it again later after my expectations were crushed and found it was not too bad of a game. If you want to play the Infinity you know then this is not what you are looking for. This game is very much like Mario Party with the Infinity characters. It can be a very fun game to play on its own, as long as you don't expect it to play as an Infinity on the go.
In my opinion the battery life is not too good on the portal. It connects via the wireless beam near the cartridge slot and has to be straight on to read. The good thing with that though is that you do not need the portal unless you are changing your character. The characters you have loaded stay on the system until you choose another. I believe you can have three or four characters loaded on the system at once for your team.

Contrasting to that I found the Vita Infinity 2.0 is what I was looking for in the 3DS 1.0. It is very close if not the same as what you have with the console version. The portal connects via bluetooth and charged with a USB plug. The downside is that for a portable system you must always have the base with you and in a position where the character and discs can sit on the base.

For a good price the 3DS version is worth trying out. You may want to check the used games prices and see what it runs for without a base and see if you can get the base either separately or together. Just checked gamestop's website and the used game runs $5 and portal is $3 so that may be a better route since you have all the figures.

rank_50
PerryTheMonkey

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales