Baymax UK Stock Issue?

retail availability, prices and special offers

Baymax UK Stock Issue?

Postby TheANvil » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:09 pm

My apologies if this has either aleady been brought up, or if I have posted this in the wrong section.

Has anyone else noticed that Baymax seems to be very hard to find? Even online he seems to be triple retail price, which I refuse to pay. It's been this way now for at least a couple months. Is there any word on this issue?

rank_250
TheANvil
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Re: Baymax Stock Issue?

Postby BandAid » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:48 pm

He's just getting towards the end of his shelf-life. I highly doubt they have produced any new Baymax figures for a while. Therefore supply is limited and the price goes up.

There are other figures of which they produced far too many. Those usually end up rotting on shelves and getting ridiculous mark downs.

It can be hard to forecast just how many figures to produce to meet demand.I doubt there are many if any 1.0 and 2.0 characters still in production.

Regardless, the price for a brand new Baymax is probably outrageous right now, but the price isn't going to go down unless he is re-released.

rank_50
BandAid
Main Console: PS4

Postby TheANvil » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:00 pm

That's a shame, as every other figure seems to be available, some of them are like half retail right now (obviously because 3.0 is out now). Then Baymax is like the only one unavailable. Hopefully I can get one for a not rip off price soon.

rank_250
TheANvil
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby Gillbob316 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:26 pm

Eh... I wouldn't be so sure he won't start showing up again.

I first got into this game right around the release of 2.0, right around the end of 1.0's life... and at that time, Syndrome, Randy & Davy Jones had all dried up completely in stores and online. All 3 were fetching like triple price. The only way I managed to get them at a reasonable price was by buying Amazon's huge bundle for like $175 (forget the exact amount) which contained virtually every 1.0 figure. Violet and Dash were also pretty scarce, I could find them online, but not in stores anywhere.

These days you can easily pickup the villain trio at a reasonable price in the villains 3 pack, and individual Davy is downright warming pegs. Violet and Dash eventually started popping up on shelves again as well. From what I could tell, retailers at the time of 2.0's release were just clearing shelf stock on a lot of the lower selling 1.0 figures a bit to make some 2.0 room, but it eventually evened out again after reorders.

Consequently, I can still find Baymax in stores in my area, and he's only $17.95 on Amazon right now, which while a bit higher than average, is nowhere near triple retail price. Triple retail price would be $39-$45ish. $18 isn't terrible... It's better than what Syndrome was going for when I got into this game.

This game has never seemed terribly difficult to collect to me, and Baymax is a pretty popular character. I imagine once the 3.0 hype cools off a bit things will even out. BUT... that's just me guessing. Don't take my word on it.

Supply of ALL figures is also likely scarcer right now because lots of new collectors are jumping on with 3.0, and they're going back into 1.0 and 2.0 stock to catchup and cherrypick characters that they've missed. Again, Baymax is pretty popular, so lots of people who just got on the train are likely going in and buying out the stock stores have on hand. Give it some time, and you'll likely see him getting restocked at normal prices, I'd think.

EDIT: Okay, I see the title of the thread has been ninja edited to "UK Stock Issue" now, which is wasn't originally, since I have NO experience buying in the UK, and I didn't realize that was what this thread pertained to, I freely admit everything I just said may be completely invalid, lol.

rank_0
Gillbob316
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: Baymax UK Stock Issue?

Postby julianhilluk » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:43 pm

I imported him from Amazon.com and he was literally £10.80 including postage. Takes a while to arrive but much cheaper than Cex or eBay

rank_50
julianhilluk
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales