Australian prices and availability

retail availability, prices and special offers

Re: Australian prices and availability

Postby axltk421 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:43 am

Has anyone found anywhere to preorder the Power Disc Packs yet here in Aus? EB said no and I've also tried JB, Target and Big W (none of whom had them to preorder - though I will get a couple of sets as I have preordered the 360 and 3DS starter packs from EB Games)?
I reckon finding all the discs is going to be part of the fun!
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421
Main Console: PS4

Postby Nibelilt » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:48 am

Original rumors suggested that we are not getting power discs at launch and will have to wait longer for them. It is unknown if this has changed.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby axltk421 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:36 pm

I've just answered my own question...
After a monumental day round the shops (JB, EB Games, Big W, Target, Toys r Us, KMart) and online yesterday, no store knows whether they will have the Power Discs in at launch (EB, Big W and Target checked their systems and could not find any info).
The good news though is that I now have 15 packs ordered... 5 from Big W online (where the order limit was 5) and 10 from Toys r Us online (both Australian sites).
The ones from Big W are due to be dispatched direct from the manufacturer (according to the receipt) and are due for dispatch on the 20th of August. Toys r Us are due to post on the 21st.

Incidentally, the Big W website has some pretty cool (and pretty expensive at $24 for 3) interlocking display cases for the figures, as well as a display box/stand for three figures and the Infinity Base.

rank_100
axltk421

Postby Nibelilt » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:45 am

I added both links to the OP now, and I'll add the pre-order bonuses as well, I won't add extra accessories yet because we may get too many to keep up there but if we don't see too many I'll add them eventually.

I'm also going to add prices and links for other retailers, that will be later today.

---

EB Games have new items available to pre-order:
Power Disc Album
Infinity Base Protector
Power Disc Capsule
Play Zone Bag
Official Prima Guide

They still don't have regular power disc packs yet.
I'm sorry the OP hasn't been updated, I'm trying to find all accessories and other items as well as general prices to add an "Accessories" sub-list like the bonuses/exclusives.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby axltk421 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:01 am

Interesting observation...

There's another thread about the pre-release hype in England (and it has been mentioned about in the States).
Here in Australia, I've just been round the mall this morning - and there is nothing... Nada, zip!!!

I've been into EB Games, Target, Big W and KMart and there's not a mention anywhere (didn't get a chance to go into TRU; different shopping centre). Quite a few Giants on the shelves (all marked down as they get ready for the launch of Swap Force) but absolutely no mention of Infinity anywhere.

I hope this doesn't mean that we're going to be forgotten about down here... It would be cool if we got our own exclusive to encourage trading - Rescuers Down Under play set anyone?!?
Hopefully it will take off through word of mouth... I remember Skylanders had very limited shelf space until a few months after release.

rank_100
axltk421

Postby Adscan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:21 am

Etch
Adscan
XBL ID:

Postby Weeksy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:27 am

JB Hi Fi have started to list the power discs on their website, so I guess they will be stocking them.

Couple of things I wanted to make mention around EB - I was advised when I made my Pre-order that the majority of stores would not be carrying figurines on a regular basis, and I should order any additional accessories at the time, as they more than likely will not be freeing up a lot of shelf space for them.

Also - EB in S.A. have started to put up new "coming soon" posters in the PC section, and there's a picture of "DI" as well as the August 22nd date - however, it does not show up in their database for PC yet - but I suspect that it would be a pretty reliable piece of info.

I'm curious what the story is with the PC release (especially considering I would prefer it on PC), and the seeming secrecy around it - I know on the official FB page that the moderators are now officially saying it definitely is coming to the PC, but I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything definite around dates? EB have told me I can change my Pre-order to any other format, but I'm hoping that there will be some solid info in the next 2 weeks...
Weeksy
Main Console: PS3

Postby Adscan » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:17 am

EB now has the the Power Discs available for pre-order at $6 a pack.

Another thing I got got confirmed is that they will price match to the lowest that I found which was Target at $79 for your pre-ordered starters.
Has anyone found the Power Discs cheaper than $5.95?

Etch
Adscan
XBL ID:

Postby axltk421 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:15 pm

Not entirely impressed...
Toys r Us (.com - the American site) has the TRU exclusive power discs, Power Disc Album and Toy Story Play Set on Pre Order... C'mon TRU Australia... Sort it out please !!!

rank_100
axltk421

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity retail sales