Would you like to see more Adult Content in 4.0?

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Would you like to see more Adult Content in 4.0?

Postby Undies » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:31 am

Right from the start this game has been marketed as a 'kids' game, that advertises/supports upcoming Disney franchises such as Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Inside Out. I've recently noticed that a huge majority of Infinity's fanbase are Adults. Parents play with their kids, or Adults just like the nostalgia factor.
Nostalgia is a huge money making tactic so when 4.0 comes out I'd like to see better support for their Adult fanbase. Less focus on modern characters and more focus on classic old school characters. Cater for everyone haha.
If kids don't know who the character is that shouldn't stop them enjoying their movesets. We'd have a similar problem If modern shows like Gravity Falls get characters.. Adults might not know them :S

Another thing is if they like supporting new shows/movies, why not Daredevil??? I know due to the violence of the show we probably won't see him as a figure anytime soon, but Daredevil could easily be a kid friendly character (he's not gonna add blood and gore to the game, nor swear, he would basically be a two sticked version of Mulan haha). All they'd have to do is put a big red caution sticker on the box (may not be appropriate for younger players). It would make more Adults watch the show (that means MORE MONEY!!!).

It's like the big R18+ games debate we have in Australia, it's the parents responsibility to protect their kids from the violence, sex and drugs of R18+ media. Buying a Darevdevil figure won't instantly turn kids violent -_-

Season 2 of Daredevil will have the Punisher, again I think you could easily make him a fun kid friendly character, the Lone Ranger uses guns :/ .

Anyways better stop babbling on haha! ... What do you guys think? do you want a bigger focus on older characters and less new ips...

rank_50
Undies
Main Console: PS3

Re: Would you like to see more Adult Content in 4.0?

Postby Pcboy99 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:43 am

Why would they need to put a caution sticker on the box? It's a adult show but it doesn't mean the character can't be enjoyed by everyone, spider man and hulk are all character you can consider as "not for younger children" even Star Wars after all there all rated as M movies in Australia.

rank_100
Pcboy99
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby tabaer » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:17 pm

I think you can have "adult content" characters. For example Deadpool, was on the Ultimate Spider-Man and Ghost Rider was on Hulk and the Agents of SMASH. These are "adult content" characters done over in a family friendly way and would be appropriate in the game (ghost Rider got his own towns person, and a power disc for his whip). The same could be done for Daredevil and the Punisher. But over all I think this game needs to remain family friendly. Just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I need to hear Deadpool drop the F-bomb, or see blood splatter every time Daredevil hits someone.

rank_100_ftb
tabaer
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby megadrive2 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:52 pm

I believe that any character or property (even those aimed at adults) from those Disney owns can be given the Disney Infinity treatment and kept family friendly. Ghost rider, Blade, Deadpool, THX 1138 android police, elements from American Graffiti etc.
But that Disney Infinity process would remove any adult rated content from those properties or characters thereby rendering them safe for all ages.
Think of this like how in the 80's there was Saturday morning cartoons of R rated movies like Rambo, Robocop, Beetlejuice & Police Academy. You wouldn't let your 4 year old watch the movies but the cartoons were harmless enough.

Geri the Cleaner
megadrive2
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Paradox » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:11 pm

^ Great comparison to the 80's cartoons made from R rated movies megadrive, completely agree with this logic. As an aside, I had actually forgotten about the Robocop cartoon, lol.

rank_deputy
Paradox

Postby bloxxerman » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:59 pm

I'd LOVE to see a Daredevil or Punisher figure! I agree with what tabaer said about Deadpool, in both LEGO Marvel and Ultimate Spider-Man they toned down his more psychopathic and murderous aspects, but they still kept the core fourth-wall breaking zaniness of the character! But anyway if you think about it, it's not the character, it's the SHOW that's more adult. Daredevil himself isn't the adult aspect of the show, it's the blood that results from his fights, or the swear swords some characters say. Daredevil himself could very easily be transferred to an Infinifigure!
Never trust a hug. It's just a way to hide your face.

Lotso
bloxxerman
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:17 pm

I would unalive for a Deadpool figure. Alas, he is also tied up with Fox.

Deadpool can't say the "K" word on the Spider-Man show...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Steamboat Silly » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:55 pm

Deadpool would be great because he can break the 4th wall (which means directly address the audience; the character is aware that there is an audience). The problem is while the decision lies in the hands of the parents in regards to what they expose their kids to at home, Disney has an image to maintain and they are VERY protective of that image (also shame on them for no Stan Lee figure or Actor. he should have had a guest appearance in every Marvel level).
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby FlameChampion267 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:58 pm

I think Once Upon a Time falls under this idea. Not a kids show but still Infinity-able.

rank_100_ftb
FlameChampion267
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions