Christmas: will Disney Infinity wipe out skylanders?

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Christmas: will Disney Infinity wipe out skylanders?

Postby DipperPines18 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:36 am

Hey, so i was wondering, will Disney Infinity get more money than swap force this year? (swap force is the new skylander game) will kids prefer to play as their favorite charcter from movies? or get toys that can swap tops and bottoms, or would they prefer to have a minecraft-ish toy box adventure over a series that has been their fave game?

I say Infinity will make more money only because
1. 3 skylanders installments in the past 3 years.
2. over 1000000 dollars have been spent on charcters that parents have no clue who the heck they are (i aint a parent though.) (i am a kid) :o :shock: the only one they know is spyro, they know the disney charcters, so thats a advantage
3. It's Disney....... Duh.
"Reality is an Illusion, The Universe is a hologram,"-Bill Cipher

rank_100
DipperPines18
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Re: Christmas: will Disney Infinity wipe out skylanders?

Postby zaganh » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:58 am

i think infinity will make more money =D more people need to understand just how special infinity is we will all be on this forum many years from now with tons of playsets and characters super excited about the next power discs and playset disney has the kind of magic that dosent get old or wear away infinty will proceed all of us ^^ thank god im only 21 haha

rank_250
zaganh
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Sleepy0429 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:21 am

Nope Slylanders has been going strong and wil beat infinty.
Need Unused Randall code!
Figment for Infinity!

rank_100
Sleepy0429
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Dr. Turtle » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:24 am

Yes, I think it will. As much as the Skylanders hate is getting on my nerves, I still think Infinity will beat it.

rank_250
Dr. Turtle
XBL ID:

Postby EmperorINFINITY » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:59 am

I think skylanders. But not because Skyl. is better than DI, it's only because there are a lot of people that have buyed the past skylanders intallments (Spyros' Adv / GIants) and now with the new "Swap Force" i think the lot of people will buy it, because it's obviously that everyone that have skylanders wants the new characters and the new game.
I don't have any game. I will buy Disney Infinity, but Skylanders have very nice and beautiful figures. I don't know if the skyl figures are better than the DI figures (I talk about how are the figures made)
http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1344

The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships? motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then one day... I got in

rank_50
EmperorINFINITY
Main Console: PS4

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:44 am

^ I can say, and it is pretty much universally agreed, that the Disney Infinity figures are finished off to a higher standard than the Skylanders figures.
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight

Postby Nibelilt » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:28 am

I don't understand why one has to wipe the floor with the other this year. If you think that will happen and one will die immediately, you have no knowledge of this kind of competition and are VERY. SORELY. Mistaken.

DI is probably higher-risk as it's totally new. But it already has a lot of followers(Facebook page for Infinity is only a couple thousand likes behind the Skylanders one). Also, don't forget, Skylanders took a few months to really start getting popular so if Infinity isn't the same kind of hit from the start, it doesn't mean that it will be a failure.

I think that the entire market for this game is already starting to die with the abundance of TTL games, we have Skylanders, Infinity, Pokémon, and Angry Birds in it. People will stop wanting these within a few years and this will pass as a fad if we get more and more of them.

Regardless, Skylanders will pretty much drop dead the instalment that Activison don't make oceans of money. Remember Guitair Hero?

Anyway, I am guessing that DI will get more popular because the first game isn't even out yet, and the fanbase is becoming comparable to the size of the Skylanders fanbase.
Disney also treat fans of Infinity better than Acti are treating Skylanders fans, which I think might turn a few people over(it sure aided in me joining the Infinity bandwagon).
However, I would wait to see what is happening with the sequel until I make my judgement, as Giants being so rushed and not having as much replayability as SA is a huge thorn in its side that probably made many quit, and if Disney do the same, it could be just as bad. Swap Force may be able to redeem itself with missions, but I think that Skylanders has already left a bitter taste in many fans' mouths.

Even if Disney don't make more sales, they could still "win" if Skylanders loses sales, but you are all overestimating what will happen. This will be an extremely slow battle, as even if one game is widely preferred neither company will stop unless they aren't making money.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby zaganh » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:07 am

i might cancel my swap force pre order so i have more money to spend on infinity =D

rank_250
zaganh
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:13 am

@Nibelilt I agree, but of all the games mentioned, I believe that Angry Birds is the odd one out. It's like kicking a dead horse. Angry Birds was fun, and it had its time in the light, but now it has to let others in. Angry Birds will always be remembered, but they need to stop before it gets out of control.

@zaganh *Chanting* Do it! Do it!
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions