Christmas: will Disney Infinity wipe out skylanders?

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Re: Christmas: will Disney Infinity wipe out skylanders?

Postby CueLannoo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:10 am

I do believe that this video is irrelevant. The sample size is just 2 kids (from the same household I might add). you can't base every child's opinion on just 2 kids. You can't believe that Disney didn't spend thousands of dollars on test audiences to put out a game that won't sell. I honestly don't think one game will sell 90% and the other 10%. I honestly think it'll be 60/40% and there will be a good bit of folks who will buy both.
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:13 am

^ This video was used as an example for people who will most likely judge Infinity for not being Skylanders. I think a lot of kids are very excited for Infinity.
I was talking to my stepbrother today, and I mentioned buying something, and he worriedly said "But you have to save your money for Infinity!"
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:26 am

^^ @KyletheCartoonist ... Oh, yes, I saw that video. Good point. You should also see the comments, they are REALLY biased. Most just say infinity copied skylanders, and say 'infinity: 0, skylanders: 900000000000000000000' or something.
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Sully101 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 am

I think infinity will because even adults love this game and everyone likes at least one disney movie
Ohana means family, family means no one gets left behind, or forgotten

rank_100
Sully101
XBL ID:

Postby Rapunzel. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:12 pm

I think it will make more money, but I am sure both will do well!
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.
Main Console: Wii U

Postby axltk421 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:37 pm

Interesting topic this...
I believe both will sell well, however I think that, like Nintendo and Sega, Playstation and XBox, VHS and Beta (little history for you there), the games will polarise buyers.

I have collected everything from Skylanders and Skylanders Giants. I love the gameplay, I love that it's a game I can play co-op with my son, I love the collectible aspect and waiting for figures to be released and then going down the shops and getting them... It's been great.

But, I won't be buying into Swap Force.
Not that I'm not impressed with the concept - I think it's great! I just don't think it's as innovative as it was with the characters (I've already got Spyro, Legendary Spyro, Dark Spyro, Spyro Series 2 etc... I really don't need swap Spyro - and before I get picked up on it, I have no idea if Spyro is in Swap force).

The scope of Infinity is just that - infinite! So many different types of gameplay, the toy box idea and the characters... even before we start to speculate about Marvel, Star Wars etc, there are soooooo many movies and characters to go into - all of whom have instant recognition.

I think Swap Force and Infinity will sell significant amounts, I think Infinity will outsell Swap Force quite quickly and, sadly, I don't think we'll see Skylanders 5 (4 is probably already in development).

Time will tell - ultimately it will depend on the variety of play sets and the scope of toy box. As long as Disney get these right, the figures will sell themselves!
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421

Postby Nibelilt » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:02 pm

Okay, someone just linked me to this discussion. Now, the majority of the posts in this topic are either pretty biased(as in, many of them aren't even counting the gameplay and just pitting down the toy gimmick), so you can basically skip them, but there's one post in particular that I really, really agree with, and it highlights many of the reasons I've jumped ship from Skylanders and joined the side of Infinity. Activision browse these forums, so I hope that they learn from this list. Check out post #33.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:49 pm

^That guy is smart.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby DoofenshmirtzCo. » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Infinity will CRUSH AND DESTROY SKYLANDERS, JUST LIKE THE TRI-STATE AREA!!!

Well... If I could destroy the Tri-State area :(

Those skylanders guys seem really defensive over their game. Someone mentioned that anyone with lives wouldn't do the Toy Box. I am never going on that site again. It has some quite rude people!

Disney Infinity FOR THE WIN!!!!
Welcome to the Heinz DoofenShmirtz Account-annator!

rank_0
DoofenshmirtzCo.

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions