4.0 where does the theme go from here?

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Re: 4.0 where does the theme go from here?

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:52 pm

I personally don't want to see a theme for 4.0 unless it's Classic Disney.
From 4.0 I would love to see the game constantly update, instead of pumping out the same shell once a year. I would love to see constant figures, play sets, power discs & toy box expansions.

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Pcboy99 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:52 am

Is it possible they may end up splitting Disney and Pixar, since all those characters are under the same umbrella? Then they may focus on releasing more Disney figures to build up that library of figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rank_100
Pcboy99
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Disneypinesfan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:32 am

I know there ins't a reason to think of 4.0 right now but i was thinking if the DI Team can make the marvel characters play in future playsets. There might be a possibly that they could give us a toy story 4 or incredibles 2 playset. This would allow us to get new characters from these movie.

rank_100
Disneypinesfan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Disneypinesfan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:18 am

I also think 4.0 could bring back the return of blind packs and Rare power discs. I loved those. Also it would be cool to see 2 Marvel playset, 2 Classic Disney playset, 2 disney playset , 2 Star Wars Playset, and 2 pixar playset.

rank_100
Disneypinesfan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:40 pm

I do not speak for everyone but I know a lot of people do not want the blind packs back.

I bought 13 packs of Series 3 from 1.0 that had two round discs each. I ended up with 13 user control discs. I got one in every single pack I bought. Of the 26 round discs, I only got 6 unique discs.

The blind packs had great discs but it is very hard to get what you are looking for!

For 4.0, I hope for more variety like the discs from the blind packs without the pain of duplicates.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rogpalmeruk » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:45 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if "4.0" gets a different name like infinity "NAME" , allowing it to be a platform for a few more years... I think the annual release is a thing of the past... I could even see 3.0 stretched another year with more figures/playsets etc... And I certainly don't think blind bags are coming back, I could see them drop them all together

rank_250_ftb
rogpalmeruk
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:37 pm

Agreed, themes should go out with Star Wars and we should focus on gameplay mechanics and more figures/playsets from across the board. Personally I loved the blind bags and the chase; I was very fortunate and had a good experience nearly completing series 1 with relatively few duplicates and only a couple triples (I'm looking at you Winter Soldier and Alice's Skydome!).
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby pjhaan » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:38 pm

^ must be nice. I still have 6 user controls and 3 stitch blasters after trading away many of both. I dislike the blind packs with a passion.

Trying to wait for one of the TRU mega sales before trying to complete my 2.0 set. I am willing to try when they are 4 for $1.00. Full price would be ridiculous!!!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JustNCredible » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:54 pm

That's why I didn't really attempt the blind bag chase in 2.0 lol; I know I was extremely fortunate in 1.0 thanks to the stories of people like you on here (although I did get Gamora's and Spidey's costume discs in one bag, which had my brother and I jumping and laughing because we had literally just bought those two playsets the night before and those were our new favorite characters lol).

I recently bought the last three 2.0 pd packs my local Wal-Mart had for $1.00 each, and there was actually a Gamestop I went to late last summer (where I bought my cousin the 2.0 starter pack and some characters which were on sale) that were giving two 2.0 power disc packs away for free with every purchase of something Infinity. It was the weirdest sale, the guy behind the counter didn't even know how it worked, but I ended up getting six packs free of charge lol. Might have just been a glitch in the matrix but I wasn't complaining!
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions