4.0 where does the theme go from here?

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Indy? / Disney Infinity 4.0?

Postby g_huschke » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:20 am

I was thinking about this the other day, think we'll ever get an Indiana Jones figure or playset? I think Indy would be good territory for a playset, but I don't think it could carry a 4.0 version. Along that line, what could Disney do for 4.0?

rank_0
g_huschke
Main Console: PS4

Re: Indy? / Disney Infinity 4.0?

Postby Stitch » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:50 am

With the new movie coming soon, definitely.
Even without it I am sure we would have gotten it.

rank_1500
Stitch

Re: Indy? / Disney Infinity 4.0?

Postby JustNCredible » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:03 am

There may not be a 4.0 version on the same scale that 2.0 and 3.0 were; there are no other franchises as large as Marvel or Star Wars to incorporate. In fact, I'm pretty sure that people at Disney have said unofficially that we may be just seeing updates to 3.0 for a while, and new games may not come out yearly. That is to say, we might just get updates with new characters and playsets for 3.0 for more than just this year.

However, if there were to be a themed 4.0, I would say classics/renaissance would be the logical choice, although I know Disney has all of its fans by the throat in anticipation for the age old classics/renaissance characters, and I'm sure they're going to want to release them sparingly, and not all at once.

My personal unrealistic fanboy dream would be a KH edition, with a playset consisting of the KH original locations, like Traverse Town, Castle Oblivion, Hollow Bastion, etc. I think it would be neat for the toybox to be updated with a dozen or so Heartless enemies, even ones based on existing Toybox enemies like the Rhino Guard. I know it will never happen, nor would it be the best idea; just projecting my hopes and dreams lol.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Re: 4.0 where does the theme go from here?

Postby vynsane » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:35 pm

Star Wars and Marvel will most likely see major DI updates for the foreseeable future, what with the fact that they have one Star Wars movie and two to three Marvel movies slated every year for at least the next five years. I'm not saying each and every movie will see a new playset, but I'd imagine we'll see at least a handful of figures from each.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby 80sDuckFan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:21 am

Has anyone ever considered the possibility that DI may get "rebooted" and the toybox gets scrapped in 4.0?

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:27 am

How does that make any kind of sense as an option?

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby 80sDuckFan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:38 am

I'm mainly coming from the train of thought that people often don't hold their interest in the same thing for a long time. The toy box has been pretty much "the same" 1.0 through 3.0. I would imagine that Disney Interactive/Avalanche have back-up plans to "shake things up" for future versions to keep the toys-to-life brand alive.

Okay, I guess maybe not 4.0, but 5.0 and later I feel that may be a very real possibility.

rank_250
80sDuckFan

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:28 pm

I don't see it happening. The Toy Box just keeps getting better. Why ditch the ultimate expansion and DLC mode?

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby disneydude365 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:37 am

I wasn't a fan of the marvel and Star Wars themes but I know lots of ppl were and I found out Peter is coming so I was happy starting with 2.0 lol
Kingdom hearts would be cool love that series and technically it really could work with infinity as its already connected to so many Disney worlds
If they stay away rom themes I'd love Disney villain figures lol original maleficent green skin lol, Ursula, jafar each with power disks exclusive to them i.e. Turn maleficent into dragon briefly, increase ursulas size drastically briefly, turn jafar into a kid is of the snake briefly
I do agree they need to keep branching out to get audience bigger but keep pushing out original Disney I hated Star Wars was only 3.0 starter that was a mistake

rank_0
disneydude365
Main Console: Xbox One

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions