4.0 where does the theme go from here?

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Re: 4.0 where does the theme go from here?

Postby Skellington0327 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:13 pm

When I say theme, I mean something like Marvel/Star Wars/Muppets. I'm down for themes but not a theme that forces them to focus on one sort of brand. Like Marvel and Star Wars forces them to do mainly those figures/playsets and leave out other parts of Disney. I don't think they would do a Kingdom Hearts theme, it's weird to theme DI after another video game. Giving it a theme like heroes vs villains or something like that gives them something to tie everything together without having to focus on one branch of Disney.

What was 1.0's theme?
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MonkeyDLenny » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:52 pm

There was no official theme for 1.0, but it seems like Pixar dominated the roster for the most part. The character lineup was all over the place (Really? No Ferb?), which I think is why they went with themes to give everything more focus.

I have to say I like the idea of "Heroes VS Villains"

Disney Parks would be nice, but I think the problem is that the parks don't have that many characters dedicated just to the parks. The only "park" characters I can think of off the top of my head are Figment and Dreamfinder, and while those two are tops on my wish list I don't think a "Parks" theme will happen.

I still say animated series might be next. Like Gravity Falls, Wander over Yonder, Star VS The Forces of Evil, and then classic ones like Darkwing Duck and Ducktales

rank_250
MonkeyDLenny
PSN ID:

Postby Skellington0327 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:23 pm

I am 100% here for animated series. The possibilities are awesome, Kim Possible, Darkwing, Rescue Rangers, DuckTales, Gargoyles, Goof Troop, TaleSpin, Gravity Falls, Phineas and Ferb (playset), Star vs The Forces of Evil, Recess, etc. Yeah I am so here for that.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby eydrian » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:10 pm

if i could choose i would pick studio ghibli :D would love to see these characters in infinity.
that leads me to the question, can disney use ghibli? they distributed some films in the us and all of them in japan.

but i dont think there will be a 4.0 theme. and there shouldnt be one. focus on what is still missing. 4 legs and swimming. throw in a variaty of playsets and figures and you can have all my money.

rank_0
eydrian

Postby ayoniels » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:18 pm

I'm hoping it will be water: Atlantis, The Little Mermaid and Finding Dory

rank_0
ayoniels
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby Maserati777 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:08 am

My hope would be mostly Disney, playlets for figures already released such as Wreck it Ralph, Frozen or Big Hero 6.

rank_250
Maserati777
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby wherestron » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:02 am

Ok. Let's look at the Disney release schedule.

3.0 horizon
The Good Dinosaur
Zootopia
Alice: Through the looking glass
The BFG
Jungle Book
Petes Dragon
Finding Dory
Captain America: Civil War

4.0 Horizon
Moana
Rogue One
Star Wars Episode 8
Beauty and the Beast
Toy Story 4
Guardians of the Galaxy 2

If the assumption is that new or revised properties take precedence over classics, Disney has more than enough upcoming to keep going to version 5.0

Hopefully they will choose to squeeze Disney Classics in there as well.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfiniTony » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:35 am

It's time to get the quadrupeds fixed with Disney Infinity 4 paw 0!
Then start devoting more time to floating with Disney 5.0cean!

rank_0
InfiniTony
Main Console: Xbox 360

4.0 where does the theme go from here?

Postby wherestron » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Looking at that roster, and taking into account what has already been said about water and quadrupeds I wouldn't hold my breath. I would think classics are a better chance given Jungle Book, the BFG, Petes Dragon, Beauty and the Beast, and Alice (and possibly Cinderella during the 3.0 cycle?). None of those require quads or water to execute.

Maybe Dory and Moana - but I think that would be a hard sell internally. They would much more likely add incremental improvements to the mechanics.
Cheers,
wherestron
---
Add me on PSN, XBL, iOS and Twitter: @wherestron

rank_250
wherestron
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions