4.0 where does the theme go from here?

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Re: 4.0 where does the theme go from here?

Postby Mukluk4 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:31 pm

Based on the properties and the movie release windows, for the next few years, we will have at least one star wars, one pixar, and one marvel playset each iteration. They'll sprinkle in classic disney as toybox only characters.

rank_100
Mukluk4
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Steamboat Silly » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:51 pm

They could expand on the Toy Box Takeover/Kingdom Hearts concept and have a mashup where the players go through a story set in a multiverse
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby vynsane » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:12 pm

I agree with a previous comment that 4.0 (or, I'm thinking maybe even 3.0) will be the last physical media edition, and that future iterations will be digital-only. That will open the window for a Continuous Delivery schedule, where the software can be updated incrementally to support new figures and playsets in a more rapid timeframe.

This is not to say that they won't continue to have major launches, but it can be JUST a new collection of figures, playsets and power discs. I'm sure they lose money on every sale of a Starter Pack, making it up on the back-end with sales of playsets and figures anyway. The software will just be updated to accommodate them. This would allow for more synergy between movie releases and related DI content launches, too - imagine if 2.0 could have been updated to accommodate Inside Out when the movie first came out.

It should also be backward-compatible so that I can open "The One True Disney Infinity", place any playset on the base and be able to play it. That may be unrealistic, as the advances in the software seem to be huge between releases now, but it can't be an entire tear-down and re-build with every edition, there has to be a common core code somewhere. But that's another point that Continuous Delivery addresses - there should be no monolithic code rewrites, but small-step advances.

rank_100
vynsane
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:10 pm

^^ To put it simply you just see it leaning towards dlc's and updates versus them releasing starter packs? I wouldn't mind that, but there is something special about getting a physical copy each time around. In my opinion they are making more off starter packs then if they were to just do periodic updates. The cost of manufacturing a box and an already created base is cheap...and as far as I am concerned they are over charging for the starter packs, which is good over head for the creators and doesn't really bug me lol. What we have received from 1.0 to 3.0 would be more along the lines of a a standard dlc/update and would cost us about 25 bucks, not 80 - 100.

If I were Disney I would keep those starters packs coming because it's really helpful to new players and opening the starter pack is like a mini Christmas for kids and some adults haha.

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:24 pm

Four Legged characters SHOULD be able to drive vehicles, but not mounts.
I see no reason a four legged character cannot drive a car or motorcycle, it actually wouldn't look as weird as you think.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:43 pm

@Stitch I personally feel like that defies all of the characters traits/characteristics. If Simba could drive vehicles it would change the essence of Simba (in my opinion). I mean jack skellington doesn't use buzz light years jet pack so it could work, but I just feel it's weird making four legged characters do two legged things. It doesn't mean we shouldn't and can't have four legged characters, but I think some four legged's should be removed from Certain privileges.

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:48 am

I guess I can see what you mean, it makes them unique.
But that is like a negative uniqueness, taking something away to make them different.
I'd rather them add something to make them unique to others. Then again, I also understand that since they are four legged, they should just go normally on foot.

However: The Cars characters are the least liked and least used from what I have read from multiple people on the forums and on Youtube. It is understandable why, as they can not hold weapons, cannot drive vehicles (Which that one is understandable LOL, no need for that feature), are terrible in combat, and cannot do Toybox takeover.
Infinity is about infinite possibilities, so if someone wants to see Pumba in Cinderella's carriage, why not? You don't have to drive with them.

I see where you come from though, I just do not want four legged characters to become obsolete like Cars.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby benbot27 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:09 am

I hope for 4.0 disney does something like lego dimensions, for example having a lone ranger world where you have to battle loki and his army of stormtroopers
There will be new marvel, disney, and star wars characters but no new playsets
This will be similiar to the toy box but have a story

rank_100
benbot27
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:39 am

@stitch all I can say is that I hope four legged's come. I wouldn't mind if the drove or flew I was just thinking Disney would be weird about that. I myself don't care and I want four legged's in the game no matter what!!

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions