Linking With The Level Starter :)

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Linking With The Level Starter :)

Postby goofyspaceranger » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:52 am

Happy news for those linking Toy Boxes together - with 3.0, the Level Starter toy fires on every load! Discovered this by accident when re-loading an anchor box, and was happy to see it! Have tested it multiple times - very dependable. 8-)
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Linking With The Level Starter :)

Postby pjhaan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:10 pm

I discovered this last night as well but was not happy about it. It resets my counters and prevents the final cut scene from ever executing...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:07 pm

^ That's a bummer - I decided to simplify the club's set of boxes and pass on the Satellite Receiver. Overall though, the Level Starter firing on each load is a great way to organize boxes & teach initialization of routines in programming - admittedly, I'm a tad biased there ;).

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:11 pm

I am redoing my hub world to remove the level starter. I am keeping the level starters in the linked boxes though. Those will only be playable once. For the hub, I added one logic gate and a button. pressing the button sends the input to the logic gate. The logic gate will send output signals to open everything up for an initial load. So, before my final save, I will simply hit the button to get the level to the initial state. I won't have to worry about the level starter any more. I fixed all the logic around the doors last night and will tackle the other areas tonight before rethinking the other toy boxes.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:40 am

^That's cool. When the club members were coding up their Emotion boxes, I had them initialize/reset their mini-games from an Action Button too. Then when I discovered the Level Starter firing in my anchor box, I just added the Level Starter on each linked box to push the corresponding button.

It's a cool strategy to assign the initial state of the hub world from an Action Button and simply pushing that on the final save. It's a clean separation from settings you want on the re-load returns to the hub. 8-)

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions