The Hidden Camera

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

The Hidden Camera

Postby goofyspaceranger » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:11 pm

I'm fairly sure this is new for 3.0, but not positive -

It is very cool that the camera toy can be imbedded within Terrain pieces, and with a vertical offset no less. When you want to design a Toy Box involving the wand (ahem, #ToyBoxTutorial), you can hide both the camera & its Locator target now. It's a wonderful thing 8-).
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: The Hidden Camera

Postby semerien » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:10 pm

I agree it's a very cool feature, but that one you could also do in 2.0. I had a few levels where the optimal viewing angle from the camera involved it being placed in the terrain.

Interested to see what you come up with for Toy Box driven tutorials.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:57 am

Doh! :roll: Well, I'm still excited about it - will make the tutorial box cleaner with the wand.

This one's another remix of "Innovation Isles" with essentially the same set of toys. I'm anxious to build an intermediate one (after we finished the first pilot session at the library, all of the parents were asking, "When's the next one? What's the next set of labs?") - but I need to clean up the starter box first.

My top priority is to get a box with a #ToyBoxTutorial tag so that it can be found (our 2 clubs of IDs are just all friended to me). The combination of IBM posting my Activity Kit on their public On-Demand-Community site, and the visibility of the Nov. 12 STEM event could really scale these clubs to large numbers 8-).

But in addition to hidden cameras, there's lots of little improvements to make - having an "Isle of Indexing" to quickly teleport to any tutorial isle you want, having a Trigger programmed to reset all resettable toys to repeat tests, as well as the new context switch & beacons for the the Baymax "instructor". We tried to learn as much as we could from the pilots to improve the Toy Box that can be used for new clubs/players.

It does mean that I'll need to redo all 10 tutorial videos on the IBM ODC YouTube Channel (going to be a busy weekend)!

And maybe others will submit their #ToyBoxTutorial Toy Boxes as well, hint hint nudge nudge ;)

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:22 pm

"Innovation Isles (3.0 Remix)" is up, with search filter #ToyBoxTutorial, thanks to @PlayerOneTyler 8-).

10 labs to start up a Disney Infinity "Toy Box Club" or to simply provide a beginner's tutorial on programming Creativi-Toys.

This will be referenced in the Activity Kit I drafted up for IBM's On Demand Community, with more #ToyBoxTutorial boxes to come in the future 8-).

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions