Light FX Figures: The More the Better

if there is no specific Disney Infinity forum then it goes in here

Light FX Figures: The More the Better

Postby InfiniteRightEar » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:56 pm

So after the release of 3 of the new light fx figures in the US and going thru the trouble of trying to find them all I am now really wanting more of these types of figures which got me thinking about other possible figures who could receive the light fx treatment outside of the star wars characters. With Marvel I can only really see them doing Iron Man, Hulkbuster, Ultron, black widow, and maybe Falcon (with the wings) but considering how tough Marvel has been with Infinity this go around with 3.0 I can see why they wouldn't want to do it. But with Disney I think we could possibly do a bigger treatment by tying them in with the theme parks considering the current ones are already store exclusives so why not have theme park exclusives available at all the Disney parks around the world, with some availability online for those who can't afford to go to the parks themselves. This would be a special series called Special FX: Paint the Night Figures and will be themed to characters from the parade and include special packaging with a special look in the game, some updated skill trees as well as special stands in the hall of heroes in addition to the light up feature. The way the characters light up will be done similar to how they appear in the actual parade. So far I can see Paint the Night figures of Tinkerbell (with her dress and possibly her hair and wings being the light up features), Mike (his whole body or just his eye could light up), Lightning Mcqueen (with his eyes, tailfin, and some outlining light up), Buzz Lightyear (like how the glow in the dark figure was supposed to be but with lights instead), Rapunzel (her hair lighting up like in the parade and movie), Elsa (would have a new sparkly dress with the top half of her outfit letting it glow), and Sorcerer Mickey (hopefully with both his hat and robe lighting up if not just his hat). If there was to be more I can also them doing Minnie and Donald initially and either Ariel or Nemo if those 2 ever get figures. Anyone else really hoping for more light fx figures in the future?
To Infinity and Beyond!

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ThomasTheImagineer

rank_100_ftb
InfiniteRightEar
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Light FX Figures: The More the Better

Postby Paradox » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:23 pm

^ "Anyone else really hoping for more light fx figures in the future?"

Nope, not even a little bit. Had they not been retailer exclusive I probably would have got on the bandwagon but once the exclusive, running around from store to store game came into play, they became not for me. Of course, I realize, everyone has differing opinions on this. I'm just sharing mine.

rank_deputy
Paradox
Main Console: PS4

Postby braiko » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:46 pm

Not liking that they have the different (black) bases; basically meaning that they don't really work too well as an alternative purchase to the original. (ie for people who were holding out to buy the light fx instead of the originals, these don't fit with the rest of the collection). I had been planning to mod my existing figures when I picked up the improved light fx ones, but knowing that the light fx don't have the base consistent with all the rest, I'm not so sure about that plan...

So really they are just going to be a collectors set, likely on top of the originals people have already picked up. If only the figures had been lightfx by default and they had managed to keep the bases consistent with the existing figures...
YNWA

rank_250
braiko
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Mukluk4 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:53 pm

If they were released at the same time as the normal characters, probably. Delayed like this, no way.

rank_100
Mukluk4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:02 pm

While I think they are cool, I don't think they should be a separate item. At the very least, they should have been released at the same time and without the store exclusivity. A dollar isn't too much to charge for the extra feature but I didn't want to wait to play them. Releasing them at the same time would have given me the choice. As it is, now I would have to buy a second figure.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:56 pm

As long as they announce the Light FX characters when they announce the normal characters, even if it's delayed, I'm fine. I just want the choice to be able to not pick up the normal figure and wait for the Light FX like I did with the Star Wars ones. It's been so hard to wait to play Darth Vader but it'll be worth it.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:14 pm

Ive no issue with them at all as figures just that I'll have doubles of anakin and Luke, other than that the more the merrier :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby crazybirdman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:54 am

I'm fine with them being released later, it was the same with the Crystal figures and a thousand other types of collectibles. but I'm not running around from store to store to get ANY more figures(Thought I'd save myself the trouble and order figures online, and got sent the regular version.). So if they are available much more easily, I'd like more. Genie, Iron Man, Inside Out emotions, Buzz, Elsa, bring it on. (bring on more figures, not make figures from the movie Bring it On.) A different pose would have been nice though. The other toys-to-life do that and it's a great idea

rank_250
crazybirdman

Postby Stitch » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:37 pm

I still have not bought Tron figures in the hopes they will make Light FX versions

rank_1500
Stitch

Next

Return to Disney Infinity everything else discussions